Sons' sorrow

what was andy rogers record for sons? i always thought he had the worst luck for a striker in a sons shirt. undoubted ability though.

League - 64 app - 17 goals

However - 44 starts -20 Sub -17 goals. Doesn't look as bad.

All comps - 71 app - 21 goals

- 49 starts - 22 sub - 21 goals

Therefore cups - 7 app - 4 goals

- 5 Starts - 2 sub - 4 goals

Those stats can be perceived in different ways.

League - 64 app - 17 goals

However - 44 starts -20 Sub -17 goals. Doesn't look as bad.

All comps - 71 app - 21 goals

- 49 starts - 22 sub - 21 goals

Therefore cups - 7 app - 4 goals

- 5 Starts - 2 sub - 4 goals

Those stats can be perceived in different ways.

Delighted Fleming has signed back up. I thought another couple of teams may have been sniffing around him. Can't say the same for Horne though. Think I've seen him play 15 minutes and Murray can't have seen much more than that. Add that to the fact he seems like a bit of a cock and it's hardly the most inspiring re-signing but he'll likely be on a pittance so it's maybe not that bad.

Constructive debate Peter

Anyway stand corrected on the beast he did play before Dobbie but then Dobbies time was memorable!!

Certainly more constructive than "So and so is pish. Go on prove me wrong!".

Delighted Fleming has signed back up. I thought another couple of teams may have been sniffing around him. Can't say the same for Horne though. Think I've seen him play 15 minutes and Murray can't have seen much more than that. Add that to the fact he seems like a bit of a cock and it's hardly the most inspiring re-signing but he'll likely be on a pittance so it's maybe not that bad.

Aye I've not been impressed whenever I've seen Horne play, which admittedly wasn't often, but his dad's on the coaching staff and this is the least surprising signing we'll make this summer. I realise that Creaney's dad is also a coach and that he's been released, but the difference is that James Creaney is an established first team player, who's had plenty opportunities to show he wasn't good enough in this league. Horne's probably been given the benefit of the doubt with this contract because he hasn't played enough to prove otherwise. He'll be on a development wage or similar, so it's no big deal and I don't expect him to feature in the first team pool, once the pre-season bounce games are over he'll be in the reserves and that'll be that.

I also don't think that we will be in the reserve league next season, as I think Murray only wants a small squad, and he has made comments about it not being fair or helpful playing 15/16 year olds at reserve level. I think horne is too old for Under 19s.

Like others I can't say i've seen enough to suggest he's worth keeping, although perhaps his injury had a big impact on that. anyway as others have stated he'll not be on a big wage so I'm not overly fussed tbh.

Fleming signing howver is fucking great news! :)

Edited by untitled00

Owen Ronald 'retweeted' one of his mates saying "@RossBarbour25: Congratulations to @Owen_Ronald (winston) on signing with Dumbarton again #gingerninja"

I'd seen that on twitter a couple of days ago as well, I tried to find it again and couldn't. It's certainly got me a bit concerned.... :unsure2:

On Horne - I'd imagine he's been signed as part of the first-team squad (given that he was in the first-team squad last season) but he'll almost certainly be a back-up at best. I've not seen much (if any) of him, so will reserve judgment, but we will require some players to 'bulk up' the squad, and if he's one of them, then fine.

On McDougall - Great news that he's joined Gilhaney and Fleming in re-signing for next season. He along with Gilhaney looked like a different player in the second half of the season, and a full pre-season can only do him and the club good for next season.

On Ronald - I'd imagine his signing (if indeed he does) will be much akin to that of Horne. We'll need to have bodies in the squad as back-up and I'd rather that we had players like Ronald and Horne as such, and tried to use bigger wages to keep the likes of Turner, Lister and Graham, than spreading ourselves too thin and having a squad full of 'ok' players.

Pleased with how things are starting to shape up, with more movement predicted in the coming days, according to the official site.