Sons' sorrow

I like Dumbarton and was really impressed by you,re second half of the season but you always seem to be unimpressed by you,re signings.Scott will be a great signing for you and wont be back up to anybody.Two great feet and with an extra turn of pace would be nowhere near this league.Top lad also.

Agreed, great left foot. Didn't think that's where he was going though.

I like Dumbarton and was really impressed by you,re second half of the season but you always seem to be unimpressed by you,re signings.Scott will be a great signing for you and wont be back up to anybody.Two great feet and with an extra turn of pace would be nowhere near this league.Top lad also.

He will be back up.

McDougall, on his day, can be the best winger in the league .

Smith is a very, very, solid left back.

He won't get in ahead of them, but he is decent cover.

When I said 'primarily' I meant at the start of the season, both McDougall and Smith were superb for us last season and I think they will quite rightly start the season as first choice but I don't see why Linton can't push them hard for their positions. I remember him being quite a good player and has a decent set piece delivery if I remember correctly, should do well and another good player to add to a squad that seriously lacked any depth last season.

Thomas Flynn,Dean Brett,John Armstrong,Kenny Adamson,Tam O,Brien,Greg Stewart and Scott would walk right into you,re first team.

Flynn is a decent enough keeper, but can be caught out very easily, with proper scouting. We got Craig Gordon to scout him, he found his weakness, coming off his line far too much, and then we exploited it.

Brett is nowhere near as good as McGinn, it would be laughable to suggest otherwise.

Armstrong is pretty good, but wouldn't work with Graham - They are too similar, and both too slow to work as a partnership. Therefore I wouldn't have him, otherwise I would have thought he'd be an alright signing for us.

Adamson - Wouldn't get in a left back, and isn't anything too special at centre back.

O'Brien - I can't remember him playing against us.

Stewart - He is a player I really like, and he would walk into our first team IMO.

Linton - Already commented on him.

I'm convinced that Big Mac takes notes from each game he's at and then compiles them at home.

I use a Tape Recorder/Dictophone to record my thoughts at the game. Unfortunately when I get home I always tape over it with my own radio show where I'm the best DJ in the land 8)

Edited by untitled00

I can't say Linton has stood out much for me when he's played against us, albeit he seems to have been 'solid' and well-rated by Cowden'.

I doubt he'll start as back-up, this to me would signify that Smith and Graham will be the central pairing with Linton and McGinn either side. Although we're obviously going to be adding more to the defence as we need more depth, and he may well be back, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Lithgow has 'missed the boat' so to speak.

Pretty pleased with this signing.

Welcome Scott!

Flynn is a decent enough keeper, but can be caught out very easily, with proper scouting. We got Craig Gordon to scout him, he found his weakness, coming off his line far too much, and then we exploited it.

Brett is nowhere near as good as McGinn, it would be laughable to suggest otherwise.

Armstrong is pretty good, but wouldn't work with Graham - They are too similar, and both too slow to work as a partnership. Therefore I wouldn't have him, otherwise I would have thought he'd be an alright signing for us.

Adamson - Wouldn't get in a left back, and isn't anything too special at centre back.

O'Brien - I can't remember him playing against us.

Stewart - He is a player I really like, and he would walk into our first team IMO.

Linton - Already commented on him.

O'Brien has only started against us once, in the 2-3 penultimate game of last season, where every Cowden player played poorly.

So I hope you understand why I didn't say I would want him.

I can't say Linton has stood out much for me when he's played against us, albeit he seems to have been 'solid' and well-rated by Cowden'.

I doubt he'll start as back-up, this to me would signify that Smith and Graham will be the central pairing with Linton and McGinn either side. Although we're obviously going to be adding more to the defence as we need more depth, and he may well be back, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Lithgow has 'missed the boat' so to speak.

Pretty pleased with this signing.

Welcome Scott!

I thought that it could mean a Graham - Smith partnership as well.

I hope it isn't though, neither are too brilliant at heading the ball and they both severely lack pace. Although it would mean a right footer, and a left footer at centre back.

However, I feel Smith is better at left back than centre back.

Scott joined as an 18 year old centre mid but was moved left,curse of the left footer.Has mainly played left back,left mid.Cracking left foot with right not far behind.Good in the air and strong in the challenge.Big long throw also.If he was quick he wouldn,t be in this league.We will miss him.

Always thought one of Andy Graham's strong points was his heading ability.

He can header very accurately, which is a threat from set-pieces. However, I feel whilst defending he isn't too commanding in the air. Whereas Lithgow, even Nugget, seemed to command in the air a bit more.

I think Graham is a bit similar to Gordon, who I also felt wasn't too brilliant in the air.

He can header very accurately, which is a threat from set-pieces. However, I feel whilst defending he isn't too commanding in the air. Whereas Lithgow, even Nugget, seemed to command in the air a bit more.

I think Graham is a bit similar to Gordon, who I also felt wasn't too brilliant in the air.

Do you watch football at all?