Sons' sorrow

I feel that playing alongside someone like Graham or Murray he could really come on. He is still young after all. I hope he gets his chance in pre season and I reckon he will or his contract would probably have been mutually terminated at the end of the season.

totally agree. i was the one 2 years ago wanted gim released with cookie and got slaughtered. looked ok in first game at left back. first 45 up at stirling albion. shit second half. then in the second division came good with lithgow. i thought he was hard done by being dropped for andy graham. apparently good for annan against rangers. i say give him a chance with andy or alan.

He is decent enough back-up, nothing more; nothing less.

He will be a squad player, and his versatility might just be very useful.

He had a very good game partnering Andy Graham at centre back in our first win of the season.

However, he also had some absolute shockers as well: Airdrie, first game of the season, springs to mind.

He is better than that Urquhart guy we had on-loan from Sevco, he can also do an alright job at left back, for a few games - although I wouldn't want him to be our only cover at left back - he could also give a degree of dig in centre mid, if Turner was injured.

Edited by bigmacDFC

Still convinced that lithgow.and graham at back together.does not.work. they are basically the same type of player and both lack pace.

Even when we hit the winning streak we still.conceded at least two goals every.game.

Would prefer smith with his pace playing at sweeper.

Mcniff with.his versatility has still a place in the team.

Hopefully murray will.make an appearance this season but.unaware of what kind of pace he has

In the first division we are constantly up against fast fit full timers and need fast fit defenders to counteract them.

I feel that playing alongside someone like Graham or Murray he could really come on. He is still young after all. I hope he gets his chance in pre season and I reckon he will or his contract would probably have been mutually terminated at the end of the season.

Why? McNiff would have been given a wage rise from his 2nd Divsion contract when we came up, why would he want that terminated to go and get a lower wage in the 2nd/3rd Division? I'd imagine McNiff will be looking to go out on loan if he's not needed and still get his full wage rather than taking a wage cut. It was a bit silly giving him a two year deal anyway, when he was completely untried at this level.

I won't mind keeping him for back up, but I think it'd be crazy to have him first choice.

Going by what Murray was like in his last spell at Hibs, I think if he could get himself fit he'd do a good job at CB for a side in the first. That was a while ago though, good luck for next season.

He has been fit for about a year in the sense that he doesn't have any injuries but he said himself it wouldn't have been fair on the team if he put himself in as he was nowhere near match sharp. If he gets a full pre-season under his belt he'll certainly do a job for us.

I think smith is quite pacey, nowhere near as fast as mcginn but certainly faster that any of the centre halves.I'd like to see mcniff stay on, hes young and can only get better under murray. How many of the guys pre Murray looked a bit ropey and look at how they have come on to a game post murray. I'm confident mcniff could do the same. It doesn't surprise me, the negativity of some of the sons fans. Used to it now.

I think smith is quite pacey, nowhere near as fast as mcginn but certainly faster that any of the centre halves.I'd like to see mcniff stay on, hes young and can only get better under murray. How many of the guys pre Murray looked a bit ropey and look at how they have come on to a game post murray. I'm confident mcniff could do the same. It doesn't surprise me, the negativity of some of the sons fans. Used to it now.

It's not negativity though. Do you not feel we can attract better players than McNiff?

We could attract better players than the youth signed up but it doesn't stop us doing it. Budget wise and with Murray's tutoring he could become a decent player for us.

McNiff will be on a lot more than Coleman or McKerracher, Adamson signed him as a first team player and it's obvious that the youth players are signed up to be used in the reserve league and give them some first team experience where possible. Of course McNiff could have improved but with the amount of players looking for clubs this summer and with our budget looking likely to be bigger than it ever has been due to reconstruction, I feel there will be better options available than McNiff.

I have a lot of respect for wee Paul McGinn. He was offered a deal by us but with Vanzy and Barron at the club, would likely have been 3rd choice. To knock back the deal and sign for Dumbarton for first team football says a lot about him I think. Shame, as I was hoping to get his brother Stephen back so we could have all three of them in the same team!

I have a lot of respect for wee Paul McGinn. He was offered a deal by us but with Vanzy and Barron at the club, would likely have been 3rd choice. To knock back the deal and sign for Dumbarton for first team football says a lot about him I think. Shame, as I was hoping to get his brother Stephen back so we could have all three of them in the same team!

Any strikers or centre halves you don't plan on using? If there anywhere near as good as McGinn send them our way.

Any strikers or centre halves you don't plan on using? If there anywhere near as good as McGinn send them our way.

I think Danny is going to be using more of the Youth guys as cover for the first team, quality not quantity approach this year, so I reckon loans out will be limited. Jason Naismith is a centre half I believe and if Lee Mair stays, could see him being loaned out.

Edited by Tam M