Sons' sorrow

I have a lot of respect for wee Paul McGinn. He was offered a deal by us but with Vanzy and Barron at the club, would likely have been 3rd choice. To knock back the deal and sign for Dumbarton for first team football says a lot about him I think. Shame, as I was hoping to get his brother Stephen back so we could have all three of them in the same team!

Barron wouldn't even get a game with Clyde, terrible player.

McGinn is better than, or at least as good as, Vanzy, and will be much better.

I feel that playing alongside someone like Graham or Murray he could really come on. He is still young after all. I hope he gets his chance in pre season and I reckon he will or his contract would probably have been mutually terminated at the end of the season.

Have to agree to an extent. McNiff may not be capable of playing in the first division but as mentioned by others, he could at the very least be a useful squad player. At the end of the day, James Creaney made how many games last season? If he was worthy of so many appearances then I think Martin deserves a chance!

I think the criticism of our defence is understandable but personally think we are one good defender away from having a very decent 1st division defence.

was hemmings on loan at cowden? was he a striker? just remember hearing his name mentioned scoring. apparently rangers need to loan a few out. any thoughts fellow sonnees?

Couldn't hit a barn door when back at The Rangers. I suppose he was playing beside Third Division players though. He looked ok when at a decent SFL1 side....