Sons' sorrow

Name a better central defender that we can afford that would realistically sign for us. I think smith will play there next season. Its looking more likely that Murray will indeed be playing next season. Either central defence or left back. If so, Lithgow isn't that big a loss. I like the adaptability in our squad.

From what he has said on ayr's os - he wanted a fresh challenge commenting that the second division looks more appealing. Good luck to him but I feel we can get a better central defender in now!!

And who can blame him with Sevco, Dunforever and East Fife International in the mix ? Never mind two trips to Stranraer.

You seem angered by my limitations.......

Seriously, Dumbo was a term used by someone a while back that riled some erm..Dumbarton fans, and has stuck in my mind.Only use the term as a wee wind up.No disrespect to you or your club intended whatsoever.

OK, fair enough, you've just come up in my estimation; you're much better than Bennett....I was tempted to call your lot Cowdung but I'm glad I didn't. The Dumbo bit was something that Queens Park fans used to use as well and it rips my knitting. Which is strange as I'm pretty level-headed at the best of times.yacunt. :-)

Apart from him being a beast what's your thoughts on his football ability? Will he do a job?

Solid defender, and yes, he'll do a job. I'm disappointed he's going/gone but he'll do OK with you. Just expect a load of shit from other fans regarding his sexual exploits a few years ago.

Name a better central defender that we can afford that would realistically sign for us. I think smith will play there next season. Its looking more likely that Murray will indeed be playing next season. Either central defence or left back. If so, Lithgow isn't that big a loss. I like the adaptability in our squad.

Agree with you there, Snudge. Smith will move into central defence, Linton will get the LB position.

Which can only mean that James Creaney, if he's still with us, will be wrapped up in bubble wrap and kept away from football matches.

Clouds and silver linings, eh?

Edited for primary school spelling

Edited by ThirdrockfromtheSon

Agree with you there, Snudge. Smith will move into central defence, Linton will get the LB position.

Which can only mean that James Creaney, if he's still with us, will be wrapped up in bubble wrap and kept away from football matches.

Well that could work, but I would hope that we bring in at least 1 centre back (preferably 2) who would be more than capable of first team places. I'm sure Murray has been considering alternatives to Lithgow (as he took so long to sign) and hopefully he has someone lined up.

As for James Crainey - couldn't be more glad he is nowhere near our squad. Seemed like a great guy, but was well out of his depth in the 2nd division in my opinion.

Creaney has been released.

Has Lithgow got that move to full time football that he is clearly good enough for? Nope he has dropped down the divisions again as he was woefully out of his depth in the 1st. Dumbo will be better off with McGinn - Graham - Smith - Linton

Woefully out of his depth is maybe a bit strong, but I agree that he's not as big a loss as some would think. Andy Graham is a better centre half and to have McGinn and Smith signed up along with him is excellent. I hear that Lithgow was offered a very good deal with us, if he's getting more at Ayr then fair enough. Thinking on that though, do we know for sure it's for more money? As I said before, Murray would have set a deadline for players to sign - I'd say it's a possibility that he's missed that deadline and Murray's withdrew the offer. Anyway, with the wage we had allocated for Lithgow I'm more than confident that we'll be able to find a good replacement.

I'm sorry but he's been apart of shambolic defence after shambolic defence yet fans keep defending him. At Clyde he they leaked goals left right and centre. Last season at Dumbo you conceded a lot of goals as well. Then last season - your defence was awful for a large part of the season. Poeople still think he's good enough for full time.

I'm sorry but he's been apart of shambolic defence after shambolic defence yet fans keep defending him. At Clyde he they leaked goals left right and centre. Last season at Dumbo you conceded a lot of goals as well. Then last season - your defence was awful for a large part of the season. Poeople still think he's good enough for full time.

I've never thought he was good enough for full-time, I think Alan is the only one who does. He's a decent defender but definitely replaceable.