Sons' sorrow

On the subject, I'm not surprised that Gary Wilson didn't do much for us, he didn't seem that good a player, but Graham Wilson (the winger who played a handful of games for us a couple of seasons back) seemed like he could be a good player. Anyone know where he is now?

I thought it was Graham Wilson I was thinking of. Did we sign him from Beith and then quickly send him back? I also thought he might have been useful but don't know where he is now.

Knew I wasn't off my rocker. f**k you, Moonster. f**k you.

Graham Wilson was a strange one, apparently we beat several other senior clubs to his signing (Stenny from memory was one of them) and gave him a 2 year deal. Played two games and looked decent enough, then vanished after that. Odd.

2nd EDIT - Looking through the teams for that season, Chapman used a fucking ridiculous amount of players. Sure I remember someone saying he used around 85 players in his time with Dumbarton?

well, seeing as the going rate for winning Div3 is around £22M, if you're not going to sign SPL players on £thousands a week, then you have to sign about 85 players to use that budget up.

Graham Wilson was a strange one, apparently we beat several other senior clubs to his signing (Stenny from memory was one of them) and gave him a 2 year deal. Played two games and looked decent enough, then vanished after that. Odd.

More recently and slightly less bizarre but remember when we signed Martin McBride?, he was considered a real capture and alongside Agnew. Was a slight concern over his defensive capabilities but nothing too major, the guy would be key to our team and would run the midfield.

Couldn't of even got 10 games and vanished back to Queen's Park on some emergency loan deal by October, last I heard he had moved to London to do with work and isn't playing anymore.

More recently and slightly less bizarre but remember when we signed Martin McBride?, he was considered a real capture and alongside Agnew. Was a slight concern over his defensive capabilities but nothing too major, the guy would be key to our team and would run the midfield.

Couldn't of even got 10 games and vanished back to Queen's Park on some emergency loan deal by October, last I heard he had moved to London to do with work and isn't playing anymore.

He was one who when in possession and when not under pressure gave the appearance of an assured and confident creative midfielder, but when closed down or forced to harry for the ball he was hopeless and simply didn't try. After his first few games in midfield Adamson moved him out to the right wing to try and get a response from him, but he was just as unwilling to work out wide. It was the right decision to send him back to the diddies from whence he came.

Graham Wilson was signed from

Cumnock and looked a real prospect but was quickly sent back, Gary Wilson was signed from Beith and was released after a season, sent off at Stenny in the 1-1 game for tapping Ian Thomson and basically never seen again.

Cumnock and looked a real prospect but was quickly sent back, Gary Wilson was signed from Beith and was released after a season, sent off at Stenny in the 1-1 game for tapping Ian Thomson and basically never seen again.

I remember that game. The referee sent off Kevin Motion for a tackle after eight minutes for lunging in and when Wilson did the same thing moments later, he didn't really have a choice to dismiss Wilson too. Made a rod for his own back, so he did.

Mind that game myself, finished 1-1 I think.

Remember Motion being the inform player in the league at the time and was delighted to see him dismissed so early on.

Indeed. An Andy Brand goal gave the Warriors the lead but with nine minutes remaining, Stevie Murray scored with a deflected drive. Up until that red card, Motion had been superb. Just checked his statistics - before the Dumbarton game, he had scored seven goals in 11 matches and was on fire. After his suspension, he never hit the same heights. After spells at Alloa and Forfar, he's back playing at Spartans.

Still, that season worked out pretty well for both of us, didn't it?

3rd division winning teams was

David McEwan (Larkhall Thistle)

Gordon lennon

Pat Boyle (On trial at Airdrie)

Mick Dunlop (Albion Rovers)

Ben Gordon (Alloa)

Ross Clark (retired)

Ryan McStay (Irvine Meadow)

Ross Forbes (Partick Thistle)

Denis Mclaughlin (Rutherglen Glencairn)

Derek Carcary (Brechin)

Stevie Murray (retired)

I could do the whole squad if i get time. I think its all correct.

Ross Clark is playing junior also worth cambuslang rangers

Following the sending off he was involved in a car crash later that night and injured for months after. It wasn't the best day for him.

Mind that game myself, finished 1-1 I think.

Remember Motion being the inform player in the league at the time and was delighted to see him dismissed so early on.

Indeed. An Andy Brand goal gave the Warriors the lead but with nine minutes remaining, Stevie Murray scored with a deflected drive. Up until that red card, Motion had been superb. Just checked his statistics - before the Dumbarton game, he had scored seven goals in 11 matches and was on fire. After his suspension, he never hit the same heights. After spells at Alloa and Forfar, he's back playing at Spartans.

Still, that season worked out pretty well for both of us, didn't it?

Think that day may have also been the infamous bevy down the school, everybody plastered by 1pm. The glory days.

Can't quite remember how that season ended tbh but remember feeling that was a significant game. Must have been tight between us.

Was Andy Brand more commonly referred to as monkey head or something? Vaguely remember him unveiling a t shirt saying 'not bad for a monkey head' whilst either at The Shire or yourselves.

Think that day may have also been the infamous bevy down the school, everybody plastered by 1pm. The glory days.

Can't quite remember how that season ended tbh but remember feeling that was a significant game. Must have been tight between us.

Was Andy Brand more commonly referred to as monkey head or something? Vaguely remember him unveiling a t shirt saying 'not bad for a monkey head' whilst either at The Shire or yourselves.

Deserted school playground, bottles of Big Beastie and songs about how manky Cowdenbeath are. The glory days, indeed.

Edited by The Moonster