Sons' sorrow

I'm pretty pleased with both of our signings this week.

Both are coming towards the end of their careers, but the wealth of experience they'll add to the squad will be undoubtedly of benefit to us.

Despite his seemingly 'indifferent' rating by some, I reckon Nish could still do a decent job for us, and if we can create chances, he'll score us a few goals.

Hugh Murray is exactly what we're needing at the minute, and have lacked for a fair while now. Dig, bite and power in the middle of the park. I wasn't at Hamilton on Saturday, but by all accounts our midfield was overrun. With Shuggie in the side, that'll be a thing of the past. He'll be a force in the middle of our midfield, and as well as being a grafter and digger, he can play a bit as well and could well be the source of a few goals from midfield over the course of his loan spell with us.

And the fact his first game for us could be against Morton on Saturday, could make it very tasty!

Welcome to the club Nish and Shuggie!

I notice the combined age of murray and nish is 67. Good to see youth getting a chance. Where is Stanley Matthews these days

Age doesn't matter. If you're the best person for the job, it shouldn't matter whether you're 18, 26 or 47. Or anything in between!

Age doesn't matter. If you're the best person for the job, it shouldn't matter whether you're 18, 26 or 47. Or anything in between!

Blatant discrimation against 17 year old players; it is people like you who are holding back youth development in Scotland.

Better hit Asda whilst there's still champagne left :P

Is this a joke? He was a first team centre half in our promotion season and saved us in games sometimes. Probably won't see him in a Sons' shirt again but he was still an important player for us two seasons ago.

Edited by The Elephant In The Rock

Is this a joke? He was a first team centre half in our promotion season and saved us in games sometimes. Probably won't see him in a Sons' shirt again but he was still an important player for us two seasons ago.

I have nothing against this lad, but I am bemused at the reputation such a one-paced and one-footed defender has acquired with some of our fans. We are looking to establish ourselves in our current division and I'm afraid that requires a certainly quality of player - I don't want him to feature this season, as simple as that. For every game he 'saved' I'll give you two serious mistakes, many of which have been costly.

Nice boy and a loyal servant, who has done his best in the jersey in whichever of the various positions he was asked to. However, he is a limited player. Not in a negative sense necessarily, I just think Div 2 & 3 is where he's comfortable and there's no shame in that. Best of luck to the boy and if he goes out again and improves whilst he's there then I'd have no problem welcoming him back. If he goes out and doesn't return then I wish him all the best in his future career.

Aye Martin is a decent 2nd Division defender and he's a victim of Adamsons management really. I thought the 2 year deal was maybe a bit too much but he's served us pretty well. We move on, he moves on, good luck to him.

Edited by The Moonster

I still feel McNiff was written off too early. Nobody really gave him a chance at this level. Think he played about 2/3 games? Probably wouldn't get in the team now anyway with Graham and Barry.