Sons' sorrow

Another interesting signing. Does wee shug have a bit of a poor disciplinary record, or am I thinking of someone else?

From wiki: "Murray ran towards the edge of the 18-yard box to control the ball with his head. He not only did this, but managed to juggle the ball on his head past the defence, then stroke the ball past the keeper". Against the Bankies no less. :thumsup2

One of my all time favourite goals 8)

He's hard as f**k, makes Jim Goodwin look like an angel. He tried to play on with a dislocated jaw once.

Was Hugh Murray not a bit shit for Thistle last year, when he wasn't suspended?  I'll wait until it's confirmed and we've seen him play but I have my doubts about both signings this week.

He wasn't shit. He was a scapegoat due to his sendings off against Morton, and giving away a penalty, but he was actually okay when he played. The only reason he stopped playing for us was due to not getting back into the squad because we were just so good, but he was definitely a help in the first half of the season.

I hope he wears his winners medal on Saturday, breaks another guys leg and gets sent off. And Sons still win.

Edited by Smurph

He wasn't shit. He was a scapegoat due to his sendings off against Morton, and giving away a penalty, but he was actually okay when he played. The only reason he stopped playing for us was due to not getting back into the squad because we were just so good, but he was definitely a help in the first half of the season.

I hope he wears his winners medal on Saturday, breaks another guys leg and gets sent off. And Sons still win.

Sounds better than I thought he was then. Could do without him getting sent off though. Him, like Nish, will be in there to lead our younger guys and Murray can't do that in the stands.

I think this'll be a good signing for Dumbarton. He wasn't that bad for us, he just got sent off at bad times and plays in a position where we were/are very strong so he didn't get much game time. He'll get plenty of yellows though.