Sons' sorrow

Ill give you a hint, I cant say too much but the reason murray hasnt officially signed yet is financial.

So Murray hasn't signed. I can only assume your hint means he wants more money, unless you know that DFC are going to give him what he wants then how can you state with certainty that he's going to sign?

If Ian decides to stay (and it looks fairly likely) then great, he's done a grand job so far. If he decides to go then that's cool too, there will be no shortage of applications for the vacancy.

A decision one way or another would be gratefully received sooner rather than later though.

I support Saints but live in Dunbartonshire (a Paisley exile).

I have followed Dumbarton's progress with interest since settling in this neck of the woods, and it has been great to see them coming on in the manner that they have under Murray. Indeed, my better half supports a couple of guys with learning disabilities who have STs for the Sons, so she has been to a good few matches this season, and has (somewhat grudgingly, it has to be said) started taking an interest in how they are getting on.

I would rather Murray stays where he is, as I think that would be the best outcome for all interested parties - including St Mirren. I'm not suggesting that he wouldn't be able to do a job for us, but there would be a pile of pressure on him before he even crossed the threshold of St Mirren Park. A sizeable number of Saints fans don't really feel that it is the right time to replace Danny, so they would - quite reasonably - be looking on with a keen interest as to what extent Murray would be able to kick us on. As a rule, we are a shower of greeting faced b*****ds as a support, so he'd need to have a very thick skin. He would also be faced with a significant re-building job amidst the uncertainty surrounding the sale of the majority shareholding of the club. At least Danny kens the score on that front.

Nah, not for me. Poor timing, and I remain to be convinced that letting Danny go is the best way forward for Saints just now. Murray should get another year under his belt at Dumbarton, and take things from there.

I happened to agree 100% with your post but things have now moved on - at least at St Mirren, that is. And that could very well impact at Dumbarton, as I have no doubt that Ian Murray would be prominent on Saints radar.

I would hazard that things will now move pretty quicky, and no matter what DFC does or offers, and despite Murray still learning his trade etc., etc., if and when a phone call comes in from Stuart Gilmour that could be a game-changer; it's one thing speculating at a fans forum about the future but actually seeing the carrot and trimmings dangled in front of you can alter things. Gary Locke's departure at Hearts will only further shake-up the managerial kaleidoscope.

I would expect that by the close of this week we will know whether Murray remains Sons manager or not. But if he was to depart what would be the fans' thoughts on here as to Danny Lennon being approached to succeed him ? There would be dafter shouts in my opinion.

I would expect that by the close of this week we will know whether Murray remains Sons manager or not. But if he was to depart what would be the fans' thoughts on here as to Danny Lennon being approached to succeed him ? There would be dafter shouts in my opinion.

He'd be looking for a full time gig in the first instance surely?

Lets leave the new manager discussion until we're actually in a position where that becomes necessary.

I'm still hopefull Murray will sign on. He wouldn't let me down...

Even if he does sign on there's no guarantee he'll be here for the first game of the season. I'd also imagine if he thinks there's a chance of himself being the next St Mirren manager he will stall further on signing a deal.

I'm convinced he'll end up at St Mirren. Unless they go for Barry Ferguson (unlikely) or Locke. Hopefully I'm wrong but the Murray to St Mirren chat is rife on Twitter.

St. Mirren fan has said he has it "on good authority" that John Collins will be their new manager. So many rumours flying around I think it would be daft to get to worried about what we're reading on the internet.

I'm sure the board don't want this dragging on for any longer than it has to and if Murray wants to stall more I'd suggest we give him a deadline to respond and take it from there.

EDIT - I'd take Danny Lennon no problem but our full-time friends from across the Clyde may be a more enticing option for him.

2nd EDIT - The St. Mirren fan mentioned above has just said Murray will sign our deal tomorrow.

Edited by The Moonster

St. Mirren fan has said he has it "on good authority" that John Collins will be their new manager. So many rumours flying around I think it would be daft to get to worried about what we're reading on the internet.

I'm sure the board don't want this dragging on for any longer than it has to and if Murray wants to stall more I'd suggest we give him a deadline to respond and take it from there.

EDIT - I'd take Danny Lennon no problem but our full-time friends from across the Clyde may be a more enticing option for him.

2nd EDIT - The St. Mirren fan mentioned above has just said Murray will sign our deal tomorrow.

Your St Mirren friend seems very well informed

The editor of Sportsound (or it might've been Sportscene, too similar for my liking) said on Twitter that Muzz will be signing a new deal tomorrow.

Edit: It was the producer of Sportsound

User Actions
Follow
haBXy0Qi_bigger.jpegDouglas McNeil@DouglasMcNeil

Doubt very much that Ian Murray will be the new manager of St Mirren. Expect him to sign a new deal at Dumbarton tomorrow.

2:14 PM - 12 May 2014
Edited by Sonsteam of 08