Sons' sorrow

I came on here to wish Sons luck last season but this year it should maybe be the other way around! Seriously though good luck ,except against Livi and if you do well again this season I'll be so impressed. With Hamilton away up I don't have a local team any more here in Lanarkshire so you can be my second team this season :)

St Johnstone confirmed on Twitter that Kane will be staying with them next season.

Was popping into say about Kane - Tommy Wright has told the local press that Kane will be staying with us next season. He must've shown up well in training over the last few weeks. Sorry lads. Still, if you fancy Dylan Easton, he'll be available.

The quote from TW is....

The plan is to keep Chris Kane with us next season and not send him out on loan.

“I want to look at him in pre-season and assess it. If he’s not quite at the level we need he’ll go out on loan again.

So he could well be loaned back out, especially since we're still targeting another striker

Also Easton is highly rated by everyone who watches our youth side. Radford always seems to mention he's been impressed by Easton, so I'm taking that as a massive positive in regards to his potential

Edited by RandomGuy.

The quote from TW is....

So he could well be loaned back out, especially since we're still targeting another striker

Also Easton is highly rated by everyone who watches our youth side. Radford always seems to mention he's been impressed by Easton, so I'm taking that as a massive positive in regards to his potential

Kane is in my opinion still a bit short of experience for the Premier League, and I honestly think that another season in what will be a fiercely contested Championship would benefit him - we need to remember that Stevie May's burst onto the scene came after an 'apprenticeship' in the lower leagues.

Ian Murray however cannot be hanging about waiting for Tommy Wright to hand down his judgement, so what will happen will happen.

You can do it by post (if you trust the royal mail (lol))

If posting, send your form and payment to :

Season Ticket 2014/15

Dumbarton FC

Bet Butler Stadium Castle Road,

Dumbarton, G82 1JJ

So you just send the 230 quid in an envelope with your completed form? Sounds like there's absolutely no chance of something going tits up there.

Exactly, How that is even an option is beyond me!

In the rest of the Western World we still have these things called "cheques" which work much better than sending cash through the post. Not sure if they have them in Dumbarton?

In the rest of the Western World we still have these things called "cheques" which work much better than sending cash through the post. Not sure if they have them in Dumbarton?

Ah see over here in Dumbarton we left cheques behind in the 90's.

So much so you only get issued a cheque book upon request.

There's an article in todays Glasow Herald about us and Queen of the South extending our stadium capacity for next season. Not sure if its just been picked up from the web story earlier this week or there's been a change in DFCs willingness to get a temporary stand after Hibs were relegated. The article discusses some specific arrranagements that queens are implementing but is more vague on our plans so not sure what to make of it.

There's an article in todays Glasow Herald about us and Queen of the South extending our stadium capacity for next season. Not sure if its just been picked up from the web story earlier this week or there's been a change in DFCs willingness to get a temporary stand after Hibs were relegated. The article discusses some specific arrranagements that queens are implementing but is more vague on our plans so not sure what to make of it.

It's not DFC's willingness that is the issue around expanding capacity it appears to be the councils.

It's not DFC's willingness that is the issue around expanding capacity it appears to be the councils.

Where there is a will there is a way. All these excuses about council not allowing it are a bit of a smoke screen.

Where there is a will there is a way. All these excuses about council not allowing it are a bit of a smoke screen.

Well you're clearly in the know more than anyone else on here.

If the council thing is a smoke screen then spill the beans. Why wouldn't we want to expand? Untill the beans are spilled I'll continue to believe the issue lies with the council and not DFC.