Sons' sorrow

Just a shame we only have 2000 seats at our ground. The addition of Hibs to our league as well as Hearts and that other team must open debate for some temporary accommodation.

Still reckon we should be able to put a fence round the back of each goal and put a couple of hundred at each end! Would be no different to plenty of other grounds in Scotland.

2000 home fans with the away fans in adjacent cow sheds. Easy done. Would pay for itself with Falkirk. Sevco. Hertz and hibs.

2000 home fans with the away fans in adjacent cow sheds. Easy done. Would pay for itself with Falkirk. Sevco. Hertz and hibs.

From what i have heard we can put up temporary stands so I reckon terracing etc would be suffice. Better atmosphere that way also!

looking at the lowland league grounds it seems sticking a rail round the rest of your pitch could increase capacity by 2-3k. Some portaloos and a burger van might be needed too

As has been said before, the council have issues with parking and access for emergency vehicles. Until their stance can be changed no increase in capacity.

Arrange for parking elsewhere in the town and run shuttle busses? Or even just arrange parking elsewhere and let people yomp in to the ground.

Edited by Boghead ranter

The parking argument is a pile of shite from the council. We dont have sufficient parking just now for our capacity hence the neighbours complain that we're a problem due to parking in the street and 'noise' (news to me, it's fucking silent most weeks). The council hate us, they want rid of us from the Rock, not expanding our ground. The question was asked the other day "why can't Dumbarton put up a wee stand like Hamilton have done?" and the simple answer is "we're not in Hamilton".

Would it be safe to put up a temp stand behind the goals where there is subsidence? I like the set up Glasgow warriors have at scotstoun. It looks impressive and imposing when the temp stands go up behind the goal. I wonder if we could look at hiring from them if fixtures and time allow? I'd imagine the temp stand would need to go up behind the riverside goal for ease of access for the away fans. It'd be nice for the club to come out and state that they have tried to address the issue.

The council are arseholes, it's ridiculous we're being prevented from taking advantage of Hibs, Hearts and Rangers. The neighbours are arseholes as well, we were here first.

Totally changing the subject here but is there any way other than actually going to the stadium to renew your season ticket? The opening hours aren't exactly ideal, even school weans would struggle to make it down during those hours. Surely we'll open on a weekend or two? Or a few late evenings?

The council are arseholes, it's ridiculous we're being prevented from taking advantage of Hibs, Hearts and Rangers. The neighbours are arseholes as well, we were here first.

Totally changing the subject here but is there any way other than actually going to the stadium to renew your season ticket? The opening hours aren't exactly ideal, even school weans would struggle to make it down during those hours. Surely we'll open on a weekend or two? Or a few late evenings?

You can do it by post (if you trust the royal mail (lol))

If posting, send your form and payment to :

Season Ticket 2014/15

Dumbarton FC

Bet Butler Stadium Castle Road,

Dumbarton, G82 1JJ