Sons' sorrow

I reckon our best bet may be a young keeper on loan from a premiership club. It is a position where many youngsters won't get much of a chance to play other than reserves or u20s etc. Everyone suggestion has been pretty underwhelming for me, but that's just my opinion. Can't wait til next month so we can start signing 'new' players!

Whats the chances of getting Celtic youngster Leo Fasan on loan?

Was a star in the under 20 league for Celtic.

No idea, you tell me.

Who is he anyway? What position does he play?

Give us a Clue.

Celtic Under 20 Goalkeeper., Played a massive part in the under 20 league winning team, Think he made the first team squad bench when Forster was injured.

Celtic could look to ship him out for some first team experience... And no better league than the Championship next year!

First pre-season friendly, we're going away to Vale of Leithen (not LeVen!)

http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=1369

If that's easily accessible by train and anything like the set up at Civil Service Strollers I'm there.

EDIT - Just seen it's a Tuesday, f**k that.

Edited by The Moonster

As I've said before, it may be that ideally a new keeper would be a priority. However is there a better one available at the moment? One of the names I've seen mentioned is Raith's Lee Robinson. I certainly wouldn't see him as an improvement on either Ewings or Grindlay.

Then, with all due respect, you are just plain wrong.

Fair enough although Robinson spent several years in the wilderness at Ibrox whilst Ewings appeared in a Champions League qualifier. Raith let in 61 goals and finished 7th, Sons finished 5th letting in 64. Robinson ain't any better than either of our keepers last season.

So no he wouldn't be an improvement. Not at all.

Well yes, he would. Robinson was the best goalkeeper outside the top two divisions last season and was actively courted by at least one SPL side before he decided to go to Sweden for the experience. He was immense for us for a couple of seasons and whilst it hasn't worked out outstandingly for him at Raith blaming him for their season when he only joined in February is ridiculous. Based on what I've seen of your goalkeepers (and we had Grindlay here for a year, albeit a good few years ago now) Robinson is a massive step up on both of them.

I've no idea what his plans are for next season but I suspect part-time football might now suit him. He'd be a great signing if you could get him.

Celtic Under 20 Goalkeeper., Played a massive part in the under 20 league winning team, Think he made the first team squad bench when Forster was

I saw him play vs our u20s and he looked rather poor, an opinion that was shared with a Celtic fan who goes to every u20 game.

If that's easily accessible by train and anything like the set up at Civil Service Strollers I'm there.

EDIT - Just seen it's a Tuesday, f**k that.

Website says Thursday 3rd July. Nearest train station is Edinburgh Waverley :huh: , then it's a slow journey down to Innerleithen on the 62 bus from St Andrew Square. So if using public transport it's probably an overnight stay :) . No social club at the Vale, but a picturesque little ground and a couple of nice pubs nearby.

Website says Thursday 3rd July. Nearest train station is Edinburgh Waverley :huh: , then it's a slow journey down to Innerleithen on the 62 bus from St Andrew Square. So if using public transport it's probably an overnight stay :) . No social club at the Vale, but a picturesque little ground and a couple of nice pubs nearby.

Yeah, that's a shame. Think I'll pass.

Sounds like it could've been a belter of a day out if it had been a Saturday, much like Strollers last year.

Can't see going to all that effort on a Tuesday night for a friendly tbh. Hoping we get a decent Saturday away day sorted out, John O'Groats away or su'n.

Then, with all due respect, you are just plain wrong.

Well yes, he would. Robinson was the best goalkeeper outside the top two divisions last season and was actively courted by at least one SPL side before he decided to go to Sweden for the experience. He was immense for us for a couple of seasons and whilst it hasn't worked out outstandingly for him at Raith blaming him for their season when he only joined in February is ridiculous. Based on what I've seen of your goalkeepers (and we had Grindlay here for a year, albeit a good few years ago now) Robinson is a massive step up on both of them.

I've no idea what his plans are for next season but I suspect part-time football might now suit him. He'd be a great signing if you could get him.

I actually hadn't realised that he had signed so recently for Raith. I don't think I blamed him for Raith's season, I simply pointed out that their goals against column was nearly as bad as ours. I'm reassured by your assessment if the rumour materialises.