Sons' sorrow

Funnily enough, I called this morning to renew my season ticket. Phone answered by Mr Lawrie in a very dour and unprofessional manner, asked rather abruptly if I had filled out my renewal form and when I told him I hadn't I was told "you won't be renewing today then" in a rather condesending manner. That'll be that then. Gave the impression he was being inconveniedand overall a pretty poor experience from a sales perspective

Now, as a long time season ticket holder I'll renew later this week, but I'd be surprised if that sort of response to a sales enquiry didn't put others off.

Not the first time the club have fell short on basic customer service.

You may not believe this but ask Findo

A few years ago , our last home game before Christmas , and the shop was shut

I asked Stevie who was trust rep on the board at the time why it was not open on potentially the busiest day of the year

He replied they ( beardie and the big cheery chap) don't know how to use the credit card machine , and he asked if I would do .

I said certainly not , show the feckers up for what they are !!!!

I may be way off the mark here but dont Gilbert and co earn a decent wage from the club? If so then is there actually any need for a receptionist? What else is there to do midweek on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday? It surely can't be that hard handing out some season ticket renewals and answering the phone.

I may be way off the mark here but dont Gilbert and co earn a decent wage from the club? If so then is there actually any need for a receptionist? What else is there to do midweek on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday? It surely can't be that hard handing out some season ticket renewals and answering the phone.

It had been mentioned before that Gilbert takes a very good wage but I don't know how much of that is true. You do have to ask yourself though, if it's true, what does he actually do? "Be at the stadium everyday" seems to be the only activity he carries out. Perhaps I'm being harsh but I reckon we could do without a full time Chief Executive taking a handy wage from the club.

It had been mentioned before that Gilbert takes a very good wage but I don't know how much of that is true. You do have to ask yourself though, if it's true, what does he actually do? "Be at the stadium everyday" seems to be the only activity he carries out. Perhaps I'm being harsh but I reckon we could do without a full time Chief Executive taking a handy wage from the club.

But which stadium ?? ;)

On the admin side is there anyone other than Gilbert who is full time ? If not then you are perhaps being a bit harsh

The receptionist is full time is she not? Fair enough she's not there just now but I was only asking what he does as I genuinely don't know.

In any case, does a part time club really need a full time CE?

Edited by The Moonster

On the admin side is there anyone other than Gilbert who is full time ? If not then you are perhaps being a bit harsh[/quote

The stadium is only open 3 days a week (minus a Saturday during the season of course). Any time I've been down both Gilbert and the receptionist have been present.

I have no doubt he must do some behind the scenes work but is there any need for both being there? Especially if both are collecting a full time wage.

No disrespect to the receptionist by the way, she's always extremely pleasant and seems to do a good job.

You worried boys?

What from Cowden this coming season?? Nah not at all......

To be fair this is the worst scenario, I really thought Hibs would hang on to Butcher at least for the first half of the season..

Edited by stu20vt

Aye, if they ask for him he'll go. I suppose if he does go a new manager has the basis of a good squad and some budget to play with. Petrie is a muppet though so it wouldn't be surprising if he was overlooked.

Do you think he would definitely go? He would be on a hiding to nothing. Fail to go up and they would sack him. Could finish his career before it's even started. Stay with us and even if we ended up going down it probably wouldn't do him too much harm in the long run