Sons' sorrow

Does no one else think that our goals against may have been as a result of poor defending rather than poor goalkeeping ? Murray has clearly decided that the defence needs strengthening with the signing of Taggart,Van Zanten and Mair so maybe the goalkeeper issue isn't as big as some are making out. With better defenders in front of them Grindlay and Ewings won't be so exposed.

Does no one else think that our goals against may have been as a result of poor defending rather than poor goalkeeping ? Murray has clearly decided that the defence needs strengthening with the signing of Taggart,Van Zanten and Mair so maybe the goalkeeper issue isn't as big as some are making out. With better defenders in front of them Grindlay and Ewings won't be so exposed.

yeah, take mcginn out we were slow, Cowdenbeath fans always said Linton not a left back, maybe try him left mid, and get a left back in or Joe Coleman, apparently he got rave reviews out on loan?

I guess we'll see. I'm not convinced having better defenders in front of Grindlay will stop him flapping at crosses, nor am I convinced that having better defenders will stop Ewings having a moment of madness but it may minimise the risk.

yeah, take mcginn out we were slow, Cowdenbeath fans always said Linton not a left back, maybe try him left mid, and get a left back in or Joe Coleman, apparently he got rave reviews out on loan?

Coleman's a right footed centre half is he not?

There's no need to move Linton from left back, moving him to left wing leaves Megginson out the team and a hole at left back with no one to fill it. I do quite like the look of our team though:

Ewings

Van Zanten ---- Graham ---- Mair ---- Linton

Turner

Gilhaney ---- Kirkpatrick ---- Megginson

Nish ---- Fleming

I actually think the experience at the back will serve us well, we saw last year that whilst McLaughlin wasn't the quickest he was more than solid for us, I expect Mair and Van Zanten to be similar. It really is only a striker we're missing now and with 4 weeks to go that's a great position to be in.

Brechin is one of the few left on my list that wouldn't have been done this year (Elgin & Montrose now the only ones left) so I'm pretty delighted with the draw! Don't think they have any ex-Sons either, although I may be wrong. Stranraer & Brechin in two weeks, couldn't really have scheduled 2 better away days.

There's no need to move Linton from left back, moving him to left wing leaves Megginson out the team and a hole at left back with no one to fill it. I do quite like the look of our team though:

Ewings

Van Zanten ---- Graham ---- Mair ---- Linton

Turner

Gilhaney ---- Kirkpatrick ---- Megginson

Nish ---- Fleming

I actually think the experience at the back will serve us well, we saw last year that whilst McLaughlin wasn't the quickest he was more than solid for us, I expect Mair and Van Zanten to be similar. It really is only a striker we're missing now and with 4 weeks to go that's a great position to be in.

Fancy somthing like that for the bigger games

Grindlay

Graham. Mair. Mcglauchlan

Van zanten. Linton

H.murray

Turner. Kirkpatrick

Megginson

Nish