Sons' sorrow

Clamped? Naming 20 or so very successful keepers who played into their 40s :lol: totally the same thing. You could rattle off outfield players who played to their late 30s but it doesn't mean 'many players play on to their late 30s these days'. Ludicrous argument.

It's a rarity for a keeper who has spent his whole career part time in Scotland to continue to do so until he is 40. Very rare. Most will drop into the juniors.

Craig Nelson was playing for Brechin at 40.

My favourite bit so far has been comparing Dino Zoff to Grindlay.

My favourite bit was where you say there was a comparison between the two, when there plainly wasn't. Zoff et al were mentioned purely as goalkeepers who played into their 40s, there was no comparison between them and Grindlay at any time. a Sons fan said "Grindlay could play into his 40s like lots of 'keepers do", you said "name these 'keepers then" and we did, but we didn't draw comparisons. Tut tut tut. You're slipping, youngster.

Incorrect. The statement was 'many keepers play until the are 40 these days'. Now tell me what relevance Zoff has to that above statement? 'These days'.

The point I was making was that many keepers play on until they are 40 - something which isn't the case. A small amount do but it doesn't quality as many, not in any sense of the word. People have then listed a few keepers who played on to that age as if somehow backing up the point. I never said no goalkeepers play to they age.

It's a pretty redundant argument to be honest but it's brought 15 or so replies. There you go eh.

Agreed. Can anyone explain the logic in having no lower league matches when Scotland are playing in Germany on a Sunday but having a full card when Scotland are playing at home on a Saturday

Nope. Stupid decisions. We have Hibs scheduled for a Wednesday night in April too, why couldn't that be played this weekend?

To be truly accurate about the keepers you would have to count all the keepers who have ever played then divide by number who have continued playing past forty. Is there anyone Sad enough to do this. Better to find a newly.painted wall and watch it dry. Or watch salmond and.darling bore.everyone silly.

To be truly accurate about the keepers you would have to count all the keepers who have ever played then divide by number who have continued playing past forty. Is there anyone Sad enough to do this. Better to find a newly.painted wall and watch it dry. Or watch salmond and.darling bore.everyone silly.

. . . - - - . . .

Nope. Stupid decisions. We have Hibs scheduled for a Wednesday night in April too, why couldn't that be played this weekend?

Exactly this.

On a Sat v Hibs the hospitality etc would have been heaving, earning good money for the club.

Midweek matches suck for Sons, being part-time.

To save people who want to go to both having to choose between club and country. The Spfl decision to have a match on the same day as Scotland v Georgia is an absolute disgrace!

To save people who want to go to both having to choose between club and country. The Spfl decision to have a match on the same day as Scotland v Georgia is an absolute disgrace!

If we played Hibs on Saturday, anyone wanting to attend both could go to that and fly out to Germany after it or on the shnday morning. Makes no sense.

If we played Hibs on Saturday, anyone wanting to attend both could go to that and fly out to Germany after it or on the shnday morning. Makes no sense.

Fair point. I'm maybe not out of the Saturday/Tuesday schedule mindset of international games yet.