Sons' sorrow

Would have Andy Rogers before DVT.

Would have a sloth before Nish.

Not sure who DVT is. But I wouldn't want Andy Rogers playing at Right back.in place of anyone. Nish hasn't been that bad. He frustrates me greatly and I'm one of his biggest critics when he is playing badly. But he gets a raw deal compared to everyone else in the team.

For anyone not on Facebook or Twitter, the club has announced that Kirsty Mackie suddenly passed away over the weekend. There's an area on the Sonstrust website where messages can be left for her family.

Terrible news.

Indeed, it's an awful start to the week and my heart goes out to Andrew, Scott and Kirsty's Mum.

Not sure who DVT is. But I wouldn't want Andy Rogers playing at Right back.in place of anyone. Nish hasn't been that bad. He frustrates me greatly and I'm one of his biggest critics when he is playing badly. But he gets a raw deal compared to everyone else in the team.

You do know who DVT is. It's Van Zanten, with me deliberatelly altering the acronym.

Andy Rogers was a good player, but again, this was a deliberate wind up by me.

I don't like Nish at all. He spends more time trying to win a foul than he does trying to win a ball. That's not a deliberate wind up. That one's an honest opinion.

You do know who DVT is. It's Van Zanten, with me deliberatelly altering the acronym.

Andy Rogers was a good player, but again, this was a deliberate wind up by me.

I don't like Nish at all. He spends more time trying to win a foul than he does trying to win a ball. That's not a deliberate wind up. That one's an honest opinion.

Sorry, forgot his name is Vanzan Ten ;)

You are entitled to your opinion, as is anyone. As I stated before, I just feel Nish gets more stick than he should at times. That's only my opinion though.

http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=1514

What in the name of f**k do we need a gym, restaurant, shop and offices for? Saturday is the first time we've sold out our ground of 2,000 seats, I can fully understand why we're looking at building a bigger stadium.

Nice that we've found a "spokesman" to tell us about it. I guess our owners still don't want us knowing who they are. Hopefully they go to the exhibition, I look forward to laughing in their faces.

Onwards and upwards I'd hope,

The stadium at present is a quiet place during the week, maybe a gym, restaurant, conference halls, and training facilities can be more financially viable in taking our team higher or at least more secure?

I think we all knew the Rock was a stepping stone to bigger things? (pardon the pun)

Let's not put it down before a bricks been laid

Edited by optimistic

Onwards and upwards I'd hope,

The stadium at present is a quiet place during the week, maybe a gym, restaurant, conference halls, and training facilities can be more financially viable in taking our team higher or at least more secure?

I think we all knew the Rock was a stepping stone to bigger things? (pardon the pun)

Let's not put it down before a bricks been laid

Is there a demand for any of that though? You need to have people using it for it to make money. I'd suggest dealing with the running costs of all that would make us far less secure financially. I just see absolutely no need for it at all and when someone (who won't even tell you their fucking name) tries to paint you a dream picture, quite often you know they're at it.

Is there a demand for any of that though? You need to have people using it for it to make money. I'd suggest dealing with the running costs of all that would make us far less secure financially. I just see absolutely no need for it at all and when someone (who won't even tell you their fucking name) tries to paint you a dream picture, quite often you know they're at it.

Why so negative when you do not have any information. Why not wait and see what the actual plans are, see what the costs are and how they would be paid for before jumping to conclusions ?

Why so negative when you do not have any information. Why not wait and see what the actual plans are, see what the costs are and how they would be paid for before jumping to conclusions ?

I'm only stating that I'm wary of these plans, especially when they've detailed stuff like a gym/hotel/restaurant - how many part-time teams do you know with that stuff?

If this really does turn out to be a dream come true then I'll be the first on here to admit I was wrong, I suspect it'll be pie in the sky ideas in order to give our owners their exit strategy though.

Lets relocate to a 4000 capacity stadium when our current 2000 capacity one has never been full.

Even our fuckin sell out on Saturday had about 200 odd empty seats.

Shite location, shite idea and utterly pointless.

Do you think if we had 4000 seats, Saturday's crowd would still have been 1700 odd?

Shite location - agreed.