Sons' sorrow

There's only one reason we are planning to relocate to a slightly bigger more out the way stadium and it's to give the Brabco directors a return on the money they invested when Neil Rankine sold up. Yes they've tried to dress it up with other facilities including 5 aside football pitches but if anyone thinks for a minute it's to take the club forward then i fear you are mistaken. It's only a coincidence we are doing well just now when this was announced, the club have been waiting on the real estate value to increase again as the sale of the ground is where all the money will come from. Apparantly we'll get Youngs farm for nothing so if our current site was worth around £6m and we could build our stadium and pitches for around £4m there's a nice wee earner for our Brabco friends. If the other facilities were built i think they would be from private investment and not the club I'd love to be wrong about this but very much doubt it.

There's only one reason we are planning to relocate to a slightly bigger more out the way stadium and it's to give the Brabco directors a return on the money they invested when Neil Rankine sold up. Yes they've tried to dress it up with other facilities including 5 aside football pitches but if anyone thinks for a minute it's to take the club forward then i fear you are mistaken. It's only a coincidence we are doing well just now when this was announced, the club have been waiting on the real estate value to increase again as the sale of the ground is where all the money will come from. Apparantly we'll get Youngs farm for nothing so if our current site was worth around £6m and we could build our stadium and pitches for around £4m there's a nice wee earner for our Brabco friends. If the other facilities were built i think they would be from private investment and not the club I'd love to be wrong about this but very much doubt it.

If your sums are right and we move for a net profit of £2 million what's the problem?

If your sums are right and we move for a net profit of £2 million what's the problem?

Im not saying the sums are right or that our land is worth 6 million (I know it's always been chanted as being worth a fair whack) but I'd imagine it wouldn't be DFC that see any of that 2 million profit.

Does anyone know (roughly) how much the land is actually worth? It's been touted in the past that due to the location it's worth a fortune but 6 million seems hugely excessive to me.

Im not saying the sums are right or that our land is worth 6 million (I know it's always been chanted as being worth a fair whack) but I'd imagine it wouldn't be DFC that see any of that 2 million profit.

Does anyone know (roughly) how much the land is actually worth? It's been touted in the past that due to the location it's worth a fortune but 6 million seems hugely excessive to me.

Land values are totally subjective and vary based on the existence of pre-arranged planning consents.

Brabco would not be pressing ahead unless they already had a plan for the development. What a happy coincidence then that Brabco happens to be part of a group of companies that includes a housebuilder. How convenient.

Take your blinders off, folks. This is pure profiteering and no amount of "we're securing the club's future" or "as long as we get a new ground what's the problem?" Is going to change that. If we allow our club to be used as a cash cow for mysterious owners regardless of the inconvenience and uncertainties that it may lead to without so much as a whimper then we deserve everything we get.

Land values are totally subjective and vary based on the existence of pre-arranged planning consents.

Brabco would not be pressing ahead unless they already had a plan for the development. What a happy coincidence then that Brabco happens to be part of a group of companies that includes a housebuilder. How convenient.

Take your blinders off, folks. This is pure profiteering and no amount of "we're securing the club's future" or "as long as we get a new ground what's the problem?" Is going to change that. If we allow our club to be used as a cash cow for mysterious owners regardless of the inconvenience and uncertainties that it may lead to without so much as a whimper then we deserve everything we get.

Everyone knew that the current owners bought the club to make a profit on the land. This is hardly a major surprise

We have a stadium at the end of a cul de sac. The householders in Castle Road already complain about the parking on match days. There are more houses due to be built on the Turnberry site opposite which will effectively make the club a bad neighbour. It was essential I'd suggest to get rid of Neil Rankine and the only game in town to do that was Brabco. They sure didn't do it out of the goodness of their hearts. Since they've come in and Gilbert Lawrie has been Chief Exec though, we have gone from the bottom of the third division to fifth in the Championship last season. We are unrecognisable from the club Rankine left. Coincidence? I think not. If a new ground for the club and a profit for Brabco is the end game then that's a win-win. I remember the same disquiet when we moved from Boghead.

We have a stadium at the end of a cul de sac. The householders in Castle Road already complain about the parking on match days. There are more houses due to be built on the Turnberry site opposite which will effectively make the club a bad neighbour. It was essential I'd suggest to get rid of Neil Rankine and the only game in town to do that was Brabco. They sure didn't do it out of the goodness of their hearts. Since they've come in and Gilbert Lawrie has been Chief Exec though, we have gone from the bottom of the third division to fifth in the Championship last season. We are unrecognisable from the club Rankine left. Coincidence? I think not. If a new ground for the club and a profit for Brabco is the end game then that's a win-win. I remember the same disquiet when we moved from Boghead

I just can't accept this. The football ground was built. Then the houses were built. People move into the houses and then complain there's a football club there? If people are really that bothered they shouldn't have bought a house next to a football ground.

We've all loved the success on the pitch but you cannot let that cloud your judgement of our basically unknown property developing owners. Honestly, if we were looking at another club that this was happening to we would be far more wary. Sounds great, we get a new ground and they get their profit. When they f**k off and leave us with a gym, hotel, restaurant, or any other bollocks we don't need we will absolutely struggle to cope with those running costs. If they need to make profit on their investment that is understandable, if they sold this land and built a very similar ground without all the pie in the sky bollocks, I reckon I'd be more inclined to go for it. It's the promise of all weather pitches for training, gyms, hotels, restaurants that makes me extremely wary of what we'll end up with here. How many owners have promised the fans something amazing only for the club to end up shafted and the owners with a massive wad in their pockets?

That said, I have faith that the Trust have been on top of them here and I hope we do get a good deal out of this bonkers plan.

We have a stadium at the end of a cul de sac. The householders in Castle Road already complain about the parking on match days. There are more houses due to be built on the Turnberry site opposite which will effectively make the club a bad neighbour. It was essential I'd suggest to get rid of Neil Rankine and the only game in town to do that was Brabco. They sure didn't do it out of the goodness of their hearts. Since they've come in and Gilbert Lawrie has been Chief Exec though, we have gone from the bottom of the third division to fifth in the Championship last season. We are unrecognisable from the club Rankine left. Coincidence? I think not. If a new ground for the club and a profit for Brabco is the end game then that's a win-win. I remember the same disquiet when we moved from Boghead.

I don't dispute what you're saying Wilf but why all the secrecy over Brabco?

It may just be me but if I had been responsible for only good things I'd be happy for people to know my identity, christ I'd actually quite like some praise for it.

The fans opinion and slight fear over Brabco will never ever change until the whole masked magician(s) act is dropped. You could say it doesn't make a difference, why should they unveil themselves? But that only makes people wary of their motives, and quite rightly so. How do we know our club will be safe in Brabco's hunt for profit? The fact that property development and Brabco seem to go hand in hand only adds to the air of wariness over their motives.

I'd quite enjoy speaking to the owners in November, along with many others I'd imagine.