Sons' sorrow

As does the Travelling Community, and I may be wrong but I can't recall any residents marching down the Castle Road with burning stakes and pitchforks, or for that matter Council or police officers, leaping into any sort of action last summer.

Aye, it's a funny old world when some traffic every second Saturday couple with occasional floodlighting averaging about six hours per week constitutes being a bad neighbour, yet entering and camping on private property and leaving a stinking trail of debris including sanitary waste and committing acts of vandalism is just hunky-dory in 'real life'.

Just like the weans' filthy nappies, this whole red herring stinks; there is no groundswell of opposition, but it sure suits Brabco to plant that message in folks' minds. And irony of ironies, if the deal falls thro, DFC will remain a 'bad neighbour'.

Who told you that the travelling community have to comply with the law?

However it seems they did have to comply with the civil law.

Yes a football stadium is a 'bad neighbour' see table 7

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2007/03/29102736/11

Fascinating, so a brothel or any number of them is perfectly acceptable to the Planning authorities. And as regards the 'Reasons' of 'traffic, crowds and noise' is the BBS actually registering on the scale ?

Fascinating, so a brothel or any number of them is perfectly acceptable to the Planning authorities. And as regards the 'Reasons' of 'traffic, crowds and noise' is the BBS actually registering on the scale ?

The whining of the supporters can sometimes reach unacceptable levels ;)

Don't brothels avoid being bad neighbours by being....er illegal? Or have I missed something?

Well Wilf. Great to see football grounds are up there with knackers yards and slaughter houses as bad neighbours. How did the poor folk of round riding road survive a hundred years of boghead?

I think you'll find that this is a question for the legislators, not me.

If you check, you'll find that not only is a stadium classed as a bad neighbour, floodlit pitches with or without stadia, are too.

But really this is not my fault. I'm only pointing out that the bad neighbour thing, in terms of planning applications, that many here have said is a trumped up figment, is in fact the case.

Edited by Howlin' Wilf

If you check, you'll find that not only is a stadium classed as a bad neighbour, floodlit pitches with or without stadia, are too.

But really this is not my fault. I'm only pointing out that the bad neighbour thing, in terms of planning applications, that many here have said is a trumped up figment, is in fact the case.

Like the Easter football camp down the new academy pitches. One complaint from some auld duffer and 40 weans are shunted into a gym hall. The worst part about it was that it was a scorching day and they weren't allowed outside. Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

I think we should all drop the bad neighbour theme. If there were no residences within a mile of the Bet Butler it wouldn't matter a damn as Brabco has never had any intention of spending money or applying for planning permission there. Their sole purpose is in flogging that site and turning some sort of profit. Everyone should begin to focus on what they will do if they can't manage that :huh:

classified road

1. Does this include Unclassified ?

2. Clarify if excludes footways

1. Unclassified roads are, by definition, not classified.

:lol:

Unclassified roads simply means roads that are not designated a classification such as A B or C. Usually roads with no specific destination. An allegory for many arguments on here ;) .

I think we should all drop the bad neighbour theme. If there were no residences within a mile of the Bet Butler it wouldn't matter a damn as Brabco has never had any intention of spending money or applying for planning permission there. Their sole purpose is in flogging that site and turning some sort of profit. Everyone should begin to focus on what they will do if they can't manage that :huh:

If their sole purpose is that then by far a quicker and more profitable route would have been to move the club out of town (like at least one previous owner tried to do) or liquidate it. They wouldn't have had to wait so long for their opportunity that way.

What should be borne in mind is that the 'investment' that Brabco has made is somewhat south of a million quid. If, as has been speculated, this is amongst six wealthy men, then in relative terms it is not a lot of money. They are supposedly going to buy the 120 acres at Dalmoak for £750,000. If the planning permission for the proposed development goes ahead then the increase in value of the land would probably recoup their entire investment at a stroke.. If it doesn't go ahead then much depends on who is Brabco's heid bummer and how much the investment means to the investors.......

Player of the Month vote online: http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=1609

Garry Fleming for me

Have to agree. Absolute no brainer for me. I know Andy Graham will get a lot of plaudits and will get votes for his commitment, but I don't think he has been as consistently good this month as previously. I would also have had Gilhaney in that vote miles ahead of Andy and Mitch. This month he has been in his best and most consistent form for a long time!

Like the Easter football camp down the new academy pitches. One complaint from some auld duffer and 40 weans are shunted into a gym hall. The worst part about it was that it was a scorching day and they weren't allowed outside.

Aye that's a joke that.

They moan and say we aren't developing the boys in football properly at young ages, yet they get papped into a gym hall instead of playing on decent surfaces.

Was interested to see if the new stadium location would be that much further out of the town centre than the current one.

Turns out according to google maps it's currently 1 mile or 19 mins to walk from the high street. If we were to move then it would be 1.1 miles or 22 mins to walk from the high street.

Edited by son hawk

Was interested to see if the new stadium location would be that much further out of the town centre than the current one.

Turns out according to google maps it's currently 1 mile or 19 mins to walk from the high street. If we were to move then it would be 1.1 miles or 22 mins to walk from the high street.

I reckon the physical location is further. I've mocked this wee image up.

post-16460-0-14589800-1417184447_thumb.p

I think the point is more that the club sits below the landmark that defines the town and as such would appear to be far closer to the heart of the town than Young's farm would be.

I reckon the physical location is further. I've mocked this wee image up.

attachicon.gifdfc.png

Top work. You definately got an adult to do that for you, didn't you?

Edited by Jordo1872