Sons' sorrow

Reckon after tonight Itl be morton winning the league, home to peterhead next week. Forfar have ayr at home, they are only three goals behind so theyl need to go all out to get the goal difference in their favour.

Hope Livi and cowden go down and forfar and brechin come up.

Edited by Thommo90

http://www.raithrovers.net/19291/another-early-bird-opportunity.htm

raith rovers have announced and are selling season tickets already. A "heavily discounted" early bird adult ticket is £220. has anyone heard anything about ours yet? or are we to be told in may that we have a fortnight to secure our seat again at whatever price is magiced out of the air?

I realise that the teams haven't been confirmed yet, but surely another increase is n't on the cards?

http://www.raithrovers.net/19291/another-early-bird-opportunity.htm

raith rovers have announced and are selling season tickets already. A "heavily discounted" early bird adult ticket is £220. has anyone heard anything about ours yet? or are we to be told in may that we have a fortnight to secure our seat again at whatever price is magiced out of the air?

I realise that the teams haven't been confirmed yet, but surely another increase is n't on the cards?

Bit harsh given that the season hasn't finished yet. Personally I remember with fondness the days when you could roll up at 2.30 on the first day of the season, tell the turnstile operator that you wanted to renew your season ticket, be allowed in and then pop in to Alex Wright's office to get your ticket while having a wee chat about that days team selection. Happy days.

I don't object to the current pricing as long as a goodly percentage is directed towards strengthening the team. What I don't want though is more SPL guys on the downward career path who spend most of the season laid up with injuries.

I sincerely hope Ian Murray is on the squad-building case right now.

I don't object to the current pricing as long as a goodly percentage is directed towards strengthening the team. What I don't want though is more SPL guys on the downward career path who spend most of the season laid up with injuries.

I sincerely hope Ian Murray is on the squad-building case right now.

I'd agree with this. The pricing isn't an issue for me personally, I do understand that might not be the case for everyone though, especially when kids etc are involved.

I'd also agree about the ageing SPL duds. I'd rather we plucked the better players from the leagues below us than signed the likes of Mair.

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

Bit harsh given that the season hasn't finished yet. Personally I remember with fondness the days when you could roll up at 2.30 on the first day of the season, tell the turnstile operator that you wanted to renew your season ticket, be allowed in and then pop in to Alex Wright's office to get your ticket while having a wee chat about that days team selection. Happy days.

what bit was harsh? is this not like what happened last year?

I wonder if guys like mair, wilson, dvz, findlay and rogers speak more of murrays contacts and knowledge of the players in scottish football. Not sure that he's signed anyone from the lower leagues (not counting frees from morton after relegation)

Ok so livingston are dropping their prices to attract a bigger crowd on Saturday. Even the prehistoric sfa are reducing ticket prices for the cup final. The sons are playing a game on Saturday at 12-15 that virtually no one can be bothered to attend. Will the board drop prices to attract some support? No of course not. I.get the feeling the board regard supporters as a nuisance rather than customers. I will be there with the other 349 who will.turn up.

Ok so livingston are dropping their prices to attract a bigger crowd on Saturday. Even the prehistoric sfa are reducing ticket prices for the cup final. The sons are playing a game on Saturday at 12-15 that virtually no one can be bothered to attend. Will the board drop prices to attract some support? No of course not. I.get the feeling the board regard supporters as a nuisance rather than customers. I will be there with the other 349 who will.turn up.

How many more fans do you think we'd get through the gates for this game if we were to drop the prices to £10 & £5 respectively?

I see Dunfermline are looking for a new manager. That might just be the sort of job that would attract Murray. Full time, can only improve them and nearer Edinburgh.

They are chanting potential part timers being added to their squad next season. They are also appealing to supporters for further financial help as they have to make cuts with an anticipated trading loss of £250k.

With that in mind I can't see them forking out compo. I'd also be inclined to say that Murray would be off his head to go there given their current state.

I believe the dunfermilne job was touted as a potential job for Murray before which was shot down by all angles. I can't see it being a more attractive proposition now, tbh with dunfermlines current finances he would probably get more money at DU u-15s lol