Sons' sorrow

Don't get me wrong, the thought of seeing Patrick in action is leaving me weak at the knees. It was more a jibe at fans who love and support their favourite individuals and disregard whats actually best for the team overall.

A-Men.

Still can't believe we let Charlie Gibson go, though.

Don't get me wrong, the thought of seeing Patrick in action is leaving me weak at the knees. It was more a jibe at fans who love and support their favourite individuals and disregard whats actually best for the team overall.

Aye, completely agree.

Prunty & Paddy has a nice ring to it...

Not too upset at losing Campbell. I thought Meginson deserved a chance to play up front when we were short on goals. Not surprised that he wanted to leave after a poor season where he was in and out of the team. Linton isn't a particularly good player but replacing him will be tough purely due to the lack of available left backs out there.

As has been said above, I'm not sure Ian Murray has the network at our level to find and sign players. We need a clear out.

Agreed. Probably didn't benefit from our style this year more than anything. His goal against Dundee Utd in the cup was a peach.

Aye it was indeed. But the plain fact is that, nice lad though he is, Mitch never imposed himself at all this season and was largely peripheral to things. And that had little to do with formations or tactics, he is simply a player who flits in and out of games, does not track back or offer any physical presence - his first two tackles last Saturday saw two Raith guys simply melt thro him.

Good luck to the lad, he scored some crackers last term but believe me, his departure is in the interest of both parties.

Interesting times ahead for Murray and the club. Given the scale of the rebuilding job I doubt we'll get away with pinching old pros falling out of the Premiership. Instead, largely ignored during Ian's tenure, it's time to glance downwards for a look at the leading lights in part-time football who have the ambition to make the step up.

Could we make a full team of cult heros?

Vojacek

?

Ching

Brittain

?

Orrstrum :wub:

Nicoll

?

?

Flannery

Prunty

I'm currently sitting about 5 feet away from the gloves he wore in the defeat to Clyde on the last day of the 09/10 season. What a guy he was.

Emeka Obidile

The wanderer is added to the right flank.

I'm currently sitting about 5 feet away from the gloves he wore in the defeat to Clyde on the last day of the 09/10 season. What a guy he was.

He was. It was a toss up between him and the Monk for the keeper slot but I think Jan was that bit more daft.

Going by comments on that facebook post, and a previous post from supersons/, can we assume that Gilhaney is for the off?

Glad to see ian Murray said in the paper that he left out lee mair cause he was crap basically, good on ye!

Edited by Thommo90

Going by comments on that facebook post, and a previous post from supersons/gary, can we assume that Gilhaney is for the off?

Glad to see ian Murray said in the paper that he left out lee mair cause he was crap basically, good on ye!

Aye, fearing the same about Gils. I does sound like him, delighted to hear Muzz has got Mair telt.

Thinking of left-backs, is Paddy Boyle out of contract at Airdrie? Seemed to have a decent season, is proven at this level and was impressive last time he was with us (granted that was in the 3rd Division) Might be an option.

Just out of interest, are there any Cowden players or Alloa players that may be tempted should they go down, that could do a job for us?

I realise they have both been pretty poor and what not, but I think we have a better chance of signing players from that kind of level than persuading players to drop from FT to PT. Plus, there are definitely a couple of decent players in both teams squads.