Sons' sorrow

Just out of interest, are there any Cowden players or Alloa players that may be tempted should they go down, that could do a job for us?

I realise they have both been pretty poor and what not, but I think we have a better chance of signing players from that kind of level than persuading players to drop from FT to PT. Plus, there are definitely a couple of decent players in both teams squads.

Always liked John Armstrong but I don't think a defence of him and Andy would work particularly well. I like Robbie Thompson as well, and assuming we can't get Danny back, I think he'd be a decent number 1.

From Alloa, I'd take Buchanan, McCord and Cawley. Maybe even Greig Spence, but his Twitter is probably the worst thing I've ever seen in my life #Nandos #CheekyNandos #SnapBacks #Baller.

It would be good to sign a few from the top end of League One if we can. Players like Aggy, Prunty, Gils and Lister who were all excellent signings came from lower down/the same league as us.

I'm hoping we don't sign a load of ex SPL journeymen again. Mair, Wilson and DVZ haven't really been the sort of players who have the hunger and desire to do well for us.

Always liked John Armstrong but I don't think a defence of him and Andy would work particularly well. I like Robbie Thompson as well, and assuming we can't get Danny back, I think he'd be a decent number 1.

From Alloa, I'd take Buchanan, McCord and Cawley. Maybe even Greig Spence, but his Twitter is probably the worst thing I've ever seen in my life #Nandos #CheekyNandos #SnapBacks #Baller.

It would be good to sign a few from the top end of League One if we can. Players like Aggy, Prunty, Gils and Lister who were all excellent signings came from lower down/the same league as us.

I'm hoping we don't sign a load of ex SPL journeymen again. Mair, Wilson and DVZ haven't really been the sort of players who have the hunger and desire to do well for us.

That is my thinking behind it to be honest. Of all the players who have 'dropped down' to join us. Have any worked out well?? Players who have been with Alloa or Cowden have played at this level and know it quite well. They also won't want to drop down a league.

FWIW I would take Spence over Buchanan. I agree that they have a couple of decent midfield players too.

I'm not one for players returning to clubs just because they were good before, but I think a Ben Gordon and Andy Graham defence could work out very well. Either that or it would be horrifically bad!!

Could we make a full team of cult heros?

GK: Vojacek

RB: Chisholm

CB: Ching

CB: ?

LB: Brittain

RM: Obidele

CM: Orrstrum :wub:

CM: Nicoll

LM: ?

ST: Flannery

ST: Prunty

Chizzy was great entertainment but have to punt for Stevie Gow at RB. Also doubled as replacement GK.

LM Shug Ward. Postman Hugh Postman Hugh . . . . . . .

Passed by the shopping centre that was Kilbowie last Saturday and couldn't help thinking back to 4-3 Stirlingshire Cup victory over Clydebank. Any room for Jim Hughes / Jim McGinlay in this squad ?