Sons' sorrow

We're being linked with 6"4 Albion Rovers striker, Mark McGuigan on the League 2 transfers thread. Hit 11 goals this season. Stranraer and Dunfermline also interested apparently.

This is the first time hes ever scored double figures in a season I think. This is hopefully a nonsense story.

I work with Ally Love's (Rovers striker also) dad who has just informed me that McGuigan is expected to sign for us. A big lad with a fairly poor touch but will run all day for you and cause a lot of problems. Rovers played him up front on his own with 3 attacking midfielders running off him. Sounds very similar to Lister.

I was just thinking earlier as well, and I'm probably over-reacting given the seasons barely finished but does anyone find it slightly alarming that many players were quick to tell us they wouldn't be signing but none have been quick to sign up? Of course players are entitled to wait it out and see what they can get but I thought the likes of Graham and Agnew might have signed up by now.

I work with Ally Love's (Rovers striker also) dad who has just informed me that McGuigan is expected to sign for us. A big lad with a fairly poor touch but will run all day for you and cause a lot of problems. Rovers played him up front on his own with 3 attacking midfielders running off him. Sounds very similar to Lister.

I was just thinking earlier as well, and I'm probably over-reacting given the seasons barely finished but does anyone find it slightly alarming that many players were quick to tell us they wouldn't be signing but none have been quick to sign up? Of course players are entitled to wait it out and see what they can get but I thought the likes of Graham and Agnew might have signed up by now.

I'm not too worried just yet, players always tend to take their time over remaining, may even be negotiating over the wage offered.

Most of the players who fucked off rapid had/thought they had deals elsewhere. Would like it if we acted early on the signing front rather than hang around waiting for scraps mind you.

Hopefully Murray has his targets identified and contact has been made. Unfortunately the playoffs may delay potential signings/offers being made.

He's Aggy's mate, not sure if that means anything.

Aye I thought that, that may have been where the rumour came from. They both do the StreetLeague thing together I think, don't they?

Heard good things about him and we currently need 3 or 4 strikers. Wouldn't be against having a big guy like him as an option.

That's my feelings on him as well. Would rather sign a hungry player from the lower leagues with a point to prove than some has-been, ageing SPL reject. A big striker is never a bad option to have.

Sounds like Colin Nish but with effort. Hopefully he's a big physical presence as we've lacked that option since Lister left.

Player signing news seems to always be slowly released to the fans, perhaps the day the season ticket offer starts might be when we see a few announced in the hope it might convince a few more people to renew.

I'm not too worried just yet, players always tend to take their time over remaining, may even be negotiating over the wage offered.

Most of the players who fucked off rapid had/thought they had deals elsewhere. Would like it if we acted early on the signing front rather than hang around waiting for scraps mind you.

Hopefully Murray has his targets identified and contact has been made. Unfortunately the playoffs may delay potential signings/offers being made.

Sounds like Colin Nish but with effort. Hopefully he's a big physical presence as we've lacked that option since Lister left.

Player signing news seems to always be slowly released to the fans, perhaps the day the season ticket offer starts might be when we see a few announced in the hope it might convince a few more people to renew.

Aye, as I said, I'm probably over-reacting and understand the play-offs may change things. Slow days at work and no football chat is fucking pish though so be prepared for some made up rumours that could be true but probably aren't.

We just need to wait and see what transpires, and we've been here before with names being bandied about, but I'd like to think that Ian Murray has some sort of slate of players he has in mind. However, anyone who thinks that there is a lot of cash to splash should recall the statement at the Abbotsford about Brabco having committed no money towards team matters.

Now, if we were to get Rogers, Findlay and Kane back and sign McGuigan then that would look like the spine of a team to me ^_^

Is it just me that wouldn't be too bothered?

Might be best for both parties.

I would love to have Jack Ross back at Dumbarton, as manager...

Murray's grey suit is getting old, predictable, we need to see what Jack can achieve on the touchline fashion front - His effort upon promotion from the second division, jacket-wise, showed great potential.

Murray would move onto a club that has its own, crested, suits made. This could be an exciting opportunity for both Dumbarton and Ian Murray.

Edited by bigmacDFC

What's the latest with Megginson? Does anyone know where he's off to?

Probably Clyde.

In all seriousness, I'm not sure but someone on the League 2 forum seemed to think he was going to Stirling Albion. I'd be shocked if true.

On another point, how shite is that pre-season line up? Get Thistle, Hearts and Stenny to f**k and lets do a tour of North East England.

Edited by The Moonster

Probably Clyde.

In all seriousness, I'm not sure but someone on the League 2 forum seemed to think he was going to Stirling Albion. I'd be shocked if true.

On another point, how shite is that pre-season line up? Get Thistle, Hearts and Stenny to f**k and lets do a tour of North East England.

hearts friendly was part of the jack ross deal.

Is there not some conference team in scotland on a pre season jolly could give us a doin?

hearts friendly was part of the jack ross deal.

Is there not some conference team in scotland on a pre season jolly could give us a doin?

Cancel the friendly and take Jack Ross back. Kill two birds with one stone there.

Aye I felt the same, playing Wycombe Wanderers interests me more than Partick Thistle for the 34th time in 10 years.