Sons' sorrow

Any further word on dumbartons interest in mark mcguigan of albion rovers? At 6foot 4ins he could make a useful Target man.

we said that about Brown and Gemmill both were hardly prolific, lister was the only one who showed up well

It's a start to build a spine. Need more.im still sitting worried about what we will end up with.need the other offers that are out to get sorted soon to concentrate on getting new players in. Heard one rumour that didn't inspire me .next posing question di I want in the draw for a scarf,a replica strip or do I hold off to see if we have a competitive squad??

It's a start to build a spine. Need more.im still sitting worried about what we will end up with.need the other offers that are out to get sorted soon to concentrate on getting new players in. Heard one rumour that didn't inspire me .next posing question di I want in the draw for a scarf,a replica strip or do I hold off to see if we have a competitive squad??

What's the rumour? And if you have cash ready you should buy a season ticket when you can. No into this holding off crap.

Holding off buying a season ticket would directly hamper us in trying to attract a good quality of player. If you can't afford it, like myself now due to some home disasters, fair enough but if you're going to buy a season ticket getting one early makes the most sense.

Yip monster I get that. But my fear us that my 235 is needed and what sort of quality will that attract. We all keep posting about what our squad needs are but sort of guys we need to attract are looking for championship wages. So far we've only re signed loyalty.

Yip monster I get that. But my fear us that my 235 is needed and what sort of quality will that attract. We all keep posting about what our squad needs are but sort of guys we need to attract are looking for championship wages. So far we've only re signed loyalty.

why do you feel that the club needs your £235 so bad? I don't think that. Of course we need quality, but quality can come from afar, and doesn't have to be expensive, alot of players just want to play, I'm certainly going to trust Murray again.

Sorry I missed out an if.i don't necessarily think my money will make a difference but i do believe we need a stronger squad than last year and if money is tight that won't help. I agree with trust in Murray but he may be restrained by finances. Not blaming anyone if money is tight but doesn't stop me worrying what we will bring in. In addition would like to see some of the offers made being completed to prove my fears wrongish.

So you basically pick and choose which years you follow Dumbarton based on our completed squad and how good they are?

Our main source of income comes from season ticket/ticket sales. It's the same every year, the club are happy to announce that early ticket sales = more money to spend on players. I really don't see what the issue is. It would be far more beneficial to buy it just now that wait until the squad is completed.

Yip monster I get that. But my fear us that my 235 is needed and what sort of quality will that attract. We all keep posting about what our squad needs are but sort of guys we need to attract are looking for championship wages. SO FAR we've only re signed loyalty.

You say "so far" like we only have a week or two until the season starts. Don't panic the season only finished a week or so ago. I would expect the first "signings" to be players from last year then over the next month more will sign up.

IMO I would be more worried if we had a whole squad signed up already.

Its a matter of personal choice whether or not you buy your season ticket now or wait until more players have been announced.

I'm not sure why you'd want to wait for more signings - if buying a season ticket is dependent on the players we sign then I'd ask whether the financial commitment of a season ticket is for you? If there's a doubt as to whether or not you'll go to games if the squad doesn't meet your expectation then why give the club the money up front?

Surely the arguments for or against season tickets are down to either affordability or whether or not you'll make the majority of home games?

Dumbarton will assemble a squad that the club can afford and that the manager hopes will be able to do the job required of them. Those are the only 2 certainties that anybody can guarantee at season ticket renewal time. The actual signings?

If they're good enough then we'll be fine.

If they're not good enough then we'll be in trouble.

We'll find that out next May.