Sons' sorrow

We just need to wait and see what transpires, and we've been here before with names being bandied about, but I'd like to think that Ian Murray has some sort of slate of players he has in mind. However, anyone who thinks that there is a lot of cash to splash should recall the statement at the Abbotsford about Brabco having committed no money towards team matters.

Now, if we were to get Rogers, Findlay and Kane back and sign McGuigan then that would look like the spine of a team to me ^_^

Never mind that O'Kelly. Two new Todd Rundgren albums in a month. That should keep you occupied over the close season

Cancel the friendly and take Jack Ross back. Kill two birds with one stone there.

Aye I felt the same, playing Wycombe Wanderers interests me more than Partick Thistle for the 34th time in 10 years.

Partick game is 'closed door' anyway. That being said it would be nice to play more teams we don't normally play - I guess logistics/geography is the reason we end up with Partick (seemingly) every year. If St. Mirren hadn't got relegated we'd likely have played them as well...

Probably Clyde.

In all seriousness, I'm not sure but someone on the League 2 forum seemed to think he was going to Stirling Albion. I'd be shocked if true.

On another point, how shite is that pre-season line up? Get Thistle, Hearts and Stenny to f**k and lets do a tour of North East England.

Very uninspiring line-up of pre season games. Disappointing

The list is friendlies is pretty predictable as always.

IMO it doesn't really prepare us for the new season as they aren't very structured or tbh in any order.

Would it not make more sense to start off against lower opposition then to a third division team, second div team then finishing with the planned fixtures like hearts. this would give the guys time to understand each other and get fitter, then when it comes to playing the likes of hearts we have a better idea of what we look like.

I see Josh Lumsden has moved on.

Watched a fair whack of reserve games in the 12/13 season and he never really impressed me.

Same here, his performance pre-season last year v the Bankies was nerve jangling to the least. Still, he's only young and hopefully he'll find himself a club and improve with regular game time.

I see Josh Lumsden has moved on.

Watched a fair whack of reserve games in the 12/13 season and he never really impressed me.

Josh was offered a contract I believe, but it must surely have been on the same terms as this year. Even with the u20s he wasn't always playing as Jamie Ewings was coming in every now and again to get game time. Young lad who didn't really get much of a chance to impress. He did always look nervous but regular game time at a junior side will do him the world of good.

I must say, without wanting to cause offence to the lad, he never looked like a goalkeeper and I'm not sure anyone at our club expected him to go on and be a player. Probably says more for our attitude towards our youth system than anything else.

I must say, without wanting to cause offence to the lad, he never looked like a goalkeeper and I'm not sure anyone at our club expected him to go on and be a player. Probably says more for our attitude towards our youth system than anything else.

He was signed because they needed someone to fill the spot of u20s goalkeeper. Pretty much the only reason. If we had ended up with 3 goalkeepers' injured/unavailable during last season, I firmly believe we would have shipped in an emergency loan before playing Josh. Just the way things work with our youth system unfortunately.

Edited by squeezeboxson

Shame to see lumsden go, he's young and I always though he could do something. What age is he 19? Still plenty of time to do something.

Also a bigger question for the club/board/trust. What's happening with out youth system? Been going for good couple of years now and we haven't had anything from it. What's the answer?

Do we not have enough money to make it viable?

The coaches we are using aren't up to much?

The player pool just doesn't have the talent?

As a club we aren't supportive enough?

The manager isn't that interested?

What's people's thoughts?

He was signed because they needed someone to fill the spot of u20s goalkeeper. Pretty much the only reason. If we had ended up with 3 goalkeepers' injured/unavailable during last season, I firmly believe we would have shipped in an emergency loan before playing Josh. Just the way things work with our youth system unfortunately.

I understand that he was signed to be the U20's keeper but do you think Murray (or anyone at the club) thought Josh would be pushing the first team this year coming? I don't, we've signed him to fill a jersey says a lot about what we're looking to gain from the youth side. The same goes for McCallum, Whitefield or any of the others who have been on the fringes. Get them involved or release them, keeping them on for the sake of keeping them on isn't doing anyone any good.

Shame to see lumsden go, he's young and I always though he could do something. What age is he 19? Still plenty of time to do something.

Also a bigger question for the club/board/trust. What's happening with out youth system? Been going for good couple of years now and we haven't had anything from it. What's the answer?

Do we not have enough money to make it viable?

The coaches we are using aren't up to much?

The player pool just doesn't have the talent?

As a club we aren't supportive enough?

The manager isn't that interested?

What's people's thoughts?

1. No.

2. Depends who you speak to.

3. Correct.

4. No.

5. Isn't interested at all.

I've been over my thoughts before on here, youth development needs time, (proper) investment and attention and at the moment we've only filled one of the above objectives. The hard thing for a club like ours is obviously funding, without it though we can expect next to no one to make the breakthrough.