Sons' sorrow

Season ticket prices announced

http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=1854

As we look forward to the next season our most pressing task, as ever, is to ensure that Manager Ian Murray and his playing squad have all the financial backing that we can afford to give him.

Supporters are a huge part of what we're doing.

The support fans give the Club is immense and something that we never take for granted.

The club now invites you to renew your support of Dumbarton FC by purchasing a season ticket.

This season we are operating a loyalty period where as an existing season ticket holder you can renew at 2014/2015 prices AND be entered into a prize draw to win DFC goodies, including your ticket for FREE

The loyalty period will be from 18th May to 29th May 2015 and after that period our new rates will apply.

There is a small increase to the tickets purchased outwith the loyalty period amounting to no more than £1 per game.

Each week throughout the loyalty period, the Club will hold a prize draw into which those who have purchased a season ticket are automatically entered.

Season ticket holders who sign up during the loyalty period will also feature in a draw to win their season ticket.

*Week 1 - everyone who buys a ticket will be entered into a draw to win a DFC beanie hat and scarf
*Week 2 - everyone who buys a ticket will be entered into a draw to win a signed DFC replica top

Supporters will also have the option of retaining their current seat up until 19th June 2015.

Renewal letters will drop through post boxes, if already a season ticket holder, in the next couple of days.

You can either send in your application by post or visit the Dumbarton Football Stadium in person during our normal opening hours, but whatever method you choose, you MUSTcomplete the form.

As a Season Ticket Holder you will guarantee your seat for all 18 SPFL Championship home matches and enjoy these additional benefits:

• Season Ticket Holders will be given a priority purchase period for any matches in the Scottish Cup, League Cup or Challenge Cup that are deemed all-ticket.
• Season Ticket Holders will also be given a priority on purchasing away match tickets should the occasion arise.
• Discount on matchday hospitality

Behind the scenes, the new season has already started for what will be an immensely competitive campaign.

There are new challenges ahead and the club is determined to face them, with YOURhelp.

£250 for our season ticket is surely too much?

What are walk-up prices going to be if the st price has risen?

We have a core support the club has to take care of, but we also need to encourage the casual fan who just fancies taking in the odd game.

I felt £18 was too much to see us play the cat B games last year.

I hope Murray has genuine targets to fill these players boots, and not our club forcing cut backs on the playing squad? I do think Murray's seen our weaknesses in scoring goals, goals leaked down our left, and turner's indiscipline to confirm those away are his own doing

That's just wild, unfounded speculation.

I hope Murray has genuine targets to fill these players boots, and not our club forcing cut backs on the playing squad? I do think Murray's seen our weaknesses in scoring goals, goals leaked down our left, and turner's indiscipline to confirm those away are his own doing

If Turner has the chance to play in the premiership he's bound to take it. Doubt if he's good enough mind you. As for Linton and Campbell it looks like they have decided they want to move rather than being given a free. Surprised at them going to Clyde though as they are both too good for League two. Can only assume they have received good offers

£250 for our season ticket is surely too much?

What are walk-up prices going to be if the st price has risen?

We have a core support the club has to take care of, but we also need to encourage the casual fan who just fancies taking in the odd game.

I felt £18 was too much to see us play the cat B games last year.

£250 is still less than £14 per game so not too bad really

Disappointed that Turner is going but we just need to get on with it. I note that Murray says he's actively seeking additions to the playing staff, if I'm being honest I'd like him to add an assistant to his backroom staff before he does anything else.

• Season Ticket Holders will also be given a priority on purchasing away match tickets should the occasion arise.

:huh:

Has this occasion ever arose? Doesn't seem like much of a benefit to me.

It happened four times this season.

Pretty sure the second game away to Hearts was pay at the gate. But, to be honest they didn't have to be given priority on away tickets as no venue we travel to has that limited a capacity.

I guess if we drew a small team in the cup it might happen??

The two Rangers and two Hearts games. We had to buy tickets for those games at Dumbarton.

Are you sure that season ticket holders had priority for these fixtures? And, if so, what's the point given how unlikely we are to take up full ticket allocations?

It's a pointless gesture.

Happy with Linton & Campbell, think Archie will bang in the goals at this level, cheers dumbos

Sorry that patter is reserved solely for use by fans of Cowdenbeath, make up your own nickname or we're taking Mark Mclaughlin back.

Regards

Sonsteam of 08

P&B Copyright, design and nicknames team.

Comment from the gaffer, in view of the recent departures, now on The Dumbarton Terrace: https://thedumbartonterrace.wordpress.com/2015/05/08/theres-no-rush-but-we-wont-wait/

Interesting reading that Andy! Sounds almost like every other player has been offered some kind of deal to me.

Didn't really think we would offer as many of the squad new deals.

ETA: Doubt very much that Mitch will drop down to that level. He didn't have a great season, but should easily find another team in the league below us.

Edited by squeezeboxson