Sons' sorrow

Willie Gibson & Ross Caldwell.

Gibson's an enigma. Plenty of talent, but a total arsehole with it and a real tendency to frustrate punters by overplaying and picking the wrong option, trying to be Ronaldo and beat his man 3 times when just beating him once and crossing the ball is enough. His time at Killie was a mixture of brilliance and petulance and his finger gesture to the fans and throwing his shirt away when subbed in another incident left a bad taste. Think he's better than he is.

However, all that being said, there is a good footballer in there and he has the mix of creativity, skill and arrogance that can be very useful at times if it can be kept in check.

Gibson's an enigma. Plenty of talent, but a total arsehole with it and a real tendency to frustrate punters by overplaying and picking the wrong option, trying to be Ronaldo and beat his man 3 times when just beating him once and crossing the ball is enough. His time at Killie was a mixture of brilliance and petulance and his finger gesture to the fans and throwing his shirt away when subbed in another incident left a bad taste. Think he's better than he is.

However, all that being said, there is a good footballer in there and he has the mix of creativity, skill and arrogance that can be very useful at times if it can be kept in check.

Agreed (I'm only guessing in any case) but Aitken seems to have had him in good form at Stranraer last year and there doesn't appear to have been any tantrums. If Stee can keep him in check then I'd be happy to have him.

To be honest I'm not really that arsed about his passing comment on Rangers. He's hardly dishin' out saltues and playing the air flute. Not that I agree with what he's saying mind you.

I reckon Gibson will be one of the signatures this week. Caldwell is also a good shout.

Liam Buchanan signed a new deal at Alloa yet?

I'd be pleased with Gibson, Stee managed to sort his head out last season and that seemed to always be his biggest downfall. We've been missing a horrible, irritating guy to generate seethe from opposition fans for a few years. Hopefully he'll be that man!

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

I may be wrong, but I wonder if all this Clyde/Dumbarton player trading, could have anything to do with highly rated prospect, Scott ferguson coming our way? I think Murray tried last year

Edited by optimistic

Are we getting this gibson or is purely speculation?

I said a while ago we were looking at a hamilton player, it was a young guy called mcminn (or similar) and Murray is now perusing him for St mirren.

I was just guessing at the Gibson shout with the "experienced player at this level" comment in his interview. More than likely well off the mark.

A few of them have had a meltdown for us telling them Gils is a good signing for their level.

If we signed Scott Ferguson we'd need to get Samaritans involved.

He would require a fee so can't see it happening.

They certainly don't take compliments well. Wee team syndrome.

I may be wrong, but I wonder if all this Clyde/Dumbarton player trading, could have anything to do with highly rated prospect, Scott ferguson coming our way? I think Murray tried last year

I doubt it as he signed up for them for this season.

I was just guessing at the Gibson shout with the "experienced player at this level" comment in his interview. More than likely well off the mark.

Adds up I guess, he has played a lot of his career at this level/worked with aitken down at stranraer. Anyone find it weird why we won't just say who they are ? Or is it a case of not saying they have signed until they actually sign the contract to avoid what's happened with aggy and chase?

Adds up I guess, he has played a lot of his career at this level/worked with aitken down at stranraer. Anyone find it weird why we won't just say who they are ? Or is it a case of not saying they have signed until they actually sign the contract to avoid what's happened with aggy and chase?

I'd imagine it's a case of not announcing it until the signatures are on the contract.

Don't want to look daft and would rather avoid other clubs trying to swoop at the last minute.

I'd imagine it's a case of not announcing it until the signatures are on the contract.

Don't want to look daft and would rather avoid other clubs trying to swoop at the last minute.

I think it's probably as simple as trying to get three or four part-timers in the building at the same time, and getting the forms processed.

I imagine SA would be setting some sort of deadline with the 'existing' guys who were offered deals - if they wish to remain then fine, but if not then let's all move on, literally.