Sons' sorrow

I wonder if the bus to Ibrox will continue to be cancelled too.

As much as I have enjoyed their pain and discomfort this season, I'd actually rather they did get promoted so they can GTF from our division.

As much as I have enjoyed their pain and discomfort this season, I'd actually rather they did get promoted so they can GTF from our division.

This. So much want them out of the championship to join their ugly sister. Was hoping for a trip to Fir Park next season but looking doubtful now.

Edited by stu20vt

I'm with you PWL. I enjoyed the pantomime too but didn't enjoy any of the 5 games against them. In particular any experiences with some of their followers. A wee trip to Fir park would have been far less hassle.

I told myself this pre match, how much better it would be if Rangers went up and we didn't have to endure being surrounded by raging bigots 4 times next season.

Then the first goal went in and I couldn't help but shout "Yas!".

I told myself this pre match, how much better it would be if Rangers went up and we didn't have to endure being surrounded by raging bigots 4 times next season.

Then the first goal went in and I couldn't help but shout "Yas!".

Agree with this completely. Also, teams at the bottom end were more or less writing off one third of the season v hearts hibs and rangers. Hope the still go up to even up the division a bit.

Gutted to see Grant Gallagher going to you guys,most Stranraer fans feel the same but 1 or 2 aren't convinced about the former Celtic youth.What you will get from Gall is box to box 100 per cent player a player fans just love.Can remember when he first played for us,his position was Right back and his passing was horrendous so was his concentration,but he was only a kid and his passing has got better in midfield and his highly thought of by Ginge.His energy levels are fantastic and will be one to watch next season.

Anyone else wondering why our club captain hasn't signed a contract yet? andy, aggy, gary and ewings were rumoured to have agreed terms before the new manager arrived. Have they been made new offers now Aitkens arrived or are they having another look around?

I'd like to see Graham, Aggy and a couple of the others sign up soon, but I'd imagine it's fairly normal for them to hold-off in these circumstances. A new manager who has come in, so who knows what plans he'd have for them in his side, and they're maybe just taking stock of their options before committing under a new manager.

Where was it rumoured about Fleming agreeing terms?.

He done an interview in one of the local rags saying he would be happy to sign up again for next year.

I would imagine thats where it came from.

Perhaps Aitken isn't interested in keeping them?

The only one he's really spoke about so far is Aggy.

Yeah you could be right. Who knows where/if they feature in Aitken's plans? I'd like to think they will, but a fresh start could mean an almost complete clearout, depending on how Aitken wants to form the team.

Fleming and aggy have to be certainties to get signed up, I hope he sees them as important as we do

I really like Garry and I think he has a lot to offer. But don't think he is irreplaceable. On his day he can be unplayable, but it doesn't happen as often as I feel it should. He is a massive fans favourite because he is a local lad who clearly loves playing for Dumbarton. For what it is worth, I think he wants to sign so it is likely. I just hate how folk make out he is one of the best players in the squad when in reality there are a few much more important.

I'd be more happy to see Aggy, Kirkpatrick, Taggart and Andy Graham signed up.

I hope no one takes this as a hate post, I like Garry as a player and a person. Great guy to have at our club.

I whole heartedly agree with you, and probably we love him cos he's from Dumbarton, but I feel the chase can be replaced also

Have to agree that Andy isn't irreplaceable. I actually have said to a few folk that I think he was nowhere near as good this season as he was last. Possibly the harder opposition made it look that way. But he is more of a leader than anyone else out there. By no means is he not replaceable though. Kirky and Aggy would be the most important from my point of view.