Sons' sorrow

10561665_717879904939309_328155583067013

Incredible when you look at last seasons squad photo how many people have left.

Coleman, Lumsden, Grindlay, Shug Murray, Van Zanten, Spalding, Horan, McDougall, Mair, Nish, Ching, Linton, Stevie Hunter, Turner, Prunty, Mitch, Boozy, Muzz, Gilhaney and presumably Colin the fitness guy have all departed in under a year.

Looking forward to the completely new look team next season!

The "First team 2015/16" page on the website has Ewings Agnew and Graham all as signed players, along with the two signed today. Hopefully we'll get official announcement on them soon.

Aggie,, Ewings and Graham are no longer listed as signed up in the squad page on the OS.

10561665_717879904939309_328155583067013

Incredible when you look at last seasons squad photo how many people have left.

Coleman, Lumsden, Grindlay, Shug Murray, Van Zanten, Spalding, Horan, McDougall, Mair, Nish, Ching, Linton, Stevie Hunter, Turner, Prunty, Mitch, Boozy, Muzz, Gilhaney and presumably Colin the fitness guy have all departed in under a year.

Looking forward to the completely new look team next season!

And the of course the Collosus you call Ching, that we call Marko is head and shoulders above all of them, remarkably he is still best player on the park most games!

Buchanan will do very well for you, pretty sure of that. We were an absolute mess on the park last season but he still stood out and effectively had to carry the other young centre half every week. I think his confidence probably suffered a bit towards the end. If we had got it right then SPL clubs would have been sniffing around. A very astute signing and I'm a little annoyed that we let him go so easily when we have to keep dross like Potter just because he has a contract.

Play him alongside a slower, older centre half with some experience and he will fit in nicely.

Buchanan will do very well for you, pretty sure of that. We were an absolute mess on the park last season but he still stood out and effectively had to carry the other young centre half every week. I think his confidence probably suffered a bit towards the end. If we had got it right then SPL clubs would have been sniffing around. A very astute signing and I'm a little annoyed that we let him go so easily when we have to keep dross like Potter just because he has a contract.

Play him alongside a slower, older centre half with some experience and he will fit in nicely.

We've got just the man. Arise Sir Andy

Not sure i missed any similar chat but i presume from the additional 2 not offered contracts last night e.g gils and dvz that the rest of last seasons squad were offered contracts with the exception of those already reported to be away.

I know that doesnt leave a lot offered contracts but fully expected those that were to sign up quickly if indeed they are signing particularly the 3 who intimated they would. Can we take anything from this that they are reconsidering their options given the change in management and they may not sign?

I know Aggy has said on twitter he has decision to make but i expected more of last seasons squad offered contracts to sign by now?

Also pleased with new signings. Clearly more to come. I see Aitken is offski on holiday at weekend so hopefully more to come before then.

Edited by sons'r'us

I've said it before but will mention it again. It amazes me that the season has even fully finished yet some fan want next seasons squad signed up already.

We all knew that last seasons squad was going to be rebuilt top down which would take time. Now add the fact that we've changed manager so it will take a little longer as he needs to assess what he has.

All of last seasons squad hasn't gone, yes some have been told we won't be offering new deal but it seems we have offered the rest something and now it's up to them what they want to do.

Graham,Flemming and Aggy seemed to have all agreed deals in principle but then the manager changed so would make sense on their part to see where they fit into his plans.

Some of our transfer dealing will be dependent on other clubs, be it loans, players not getting the deal they want else where or being surplus to requirements, again that all takes time. So let's all breathe, have a drink and enjoy the summer.

I'm not desperately worried about signing up last seasons squad very quickly just stirring some chat based on the additional 2 not offered contracts.

It is true to say all of last season's squad haven't gone but of the rest there can't be hellish much left.

I make it only Graham, Aggy, Ewings, Kirky, Taggs, Fleming offered deals. Which is absolutely fine and i do hope they all sign up. Either way it will be a significant rebuild but i would rather keep some of the key players of last season if at all possible.

Anyhow i'm going to have a drink and enjoy the summer. I may still make some posts about potential signings if ok including last seasons squad.

I'm pleased with the two signings Aitken has made so far in Gallagher and Buchanan. I don't know much of them if truth be told, but going by reports from fans of their last two clubs, they would seem to be decent additions. And it's refreshing that they're up-and-coming young players, hopefully with lots of ambition to succeed in making the step-up. I'd rather have players in that mould than ones dropping down from the SPL who maybe don't have the same desire to succeed at this level.

I'd also be of the same opinion as those who aren't worrying at all about the players from last season who haven't yet signed up. As has been said, the season hasn't even finished yet and players will naturally want to mull over their options. I'm sure Aitken will have offered deals to those he wants to keep, and let's be honest, there can't be a more attractive part-time side out there than us, so I'd be pretty hopeful of keeping the ones that would be worth retaining, unless they're going full-time, which I can't imagine being the case for most of the ones left from last season's squad.