Sons' sorrow

Craig Lynes from East Stirling for 6k I think, signed by Tam Carson. Had skill but no pace and was a donkey.

IIRC we punted him and did he not score against us.

Shire must have thought they won the lottery when we paid dough for him!!

Saints plus three clubs interested in Agnew according to the end of this: http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/other-football/murray-lays-down-the-law-as-he-starts-st-mirren-rebuilding-job-210118n.128805380

Also we're appointing Mark Spalding as number two. Anyone else we can steal?

Why have a training session on Sunday rather than Monday? What is the actual point of that other than change for change' sake

Saints plus three clubs interested in Agnew according to the end of this: http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/other-football/murray-lays-down-the-law-as-he-starts-st-mirren-rebuilding-job-210118n.128805380

I'm not sure Spalding is the right appointment but we'll see. Nah there's only new signings left bar 1 or 2 who I don't see Murray being interested in. Jordan Kirkpatrick may be the only player Muzz would be interested in.

Dont think Spalding is number 2 material, and tbh i'd have a slight worry if Murray doesnt get that position spot on.

Well, he's certainly talking a good game..... :rolleyes:

Dont think Spalding is number 2 material, and tbh i'd have a slight worry if Murray doesnt get that position spot on.

Aye I'd second that. Murray needs a more experienced number 2, Spalding is more of a coach not an assistant manager imo.

Murray's best season as Sons boss was 13/14 when he was assisted by Jack Ross. The season after, when Ross moved to Hibs and was replaced by Beuzelin, was nowhere near as impressive.

Part of that is down to the change in the make-up of the league. Ian Murray became ultra-conservative with the big 3 in the league and abandoned the style of football that saw us give a fair account of ourselves v Aberdeen and have a very comfortable season.

Part of it is possibly down to him looking like he'd lost interest.

But it was clear to most Dumbarton fans that Murray needed somebody with him to really work at his best. I don't believe Spalding is an assistant manager.

Excellent news, he's a player I really like a lot and with Aggy away should be able to slot into that gap in the side. IIRC Aggy spent quite a large chunk of 2013/14 injured which allowed Kirky and Turner to play together in central midfield and I thought he was tremendous.

Squad coming along nicely:

New

Taggart(?) Graham Buchanan Docherty

New Kirkpatrick Gallagher New

Cawley McCallum