Sons' sorrow

Think he missed one game against Hearts away due to his wife giving birth. Shite excuse IMO.

Big Andy missed 2 games last year. One away to hibs which was indeed to attend the birth of his 1st child. The other away to Queens at end of season i think when he might indeed have had an injury or the manager just gave him a rest.

Think he missed one game against Hearts away due to his wife giving birth. Shite excuse IMO.

It was the last away game at Hibs he missed, a game I'm still trying to blot out from my memory. He also missed the penultimate game of the season at Palmerston due to suspension.

That away game to hibs was undoubtedly dumbartons worse performance of the year whereas the home 6-3 defeat was probably the most exciting.

It would be nice to beat them this.year but with another dozen players to be signed no idea how good or bad we will be. But it appears almost as if every team in the league is rebuilding almost completely.

On the striker front does anyone else think that Bob McHugh might be worth a punt? Struggled for goals his whole career, but then again has struggled for regular football. Much like Stephen Dobbie (or to a much lesser extent Mitch Megginson) the step back to p/t football might help him move forward in his career.

His stats look pretty horrendous for a striker, 70 league appearances for Motherwell 5 goals. But out of those 70 appearances, only 9 were starts. 9 SPL starts, 5 goals. 5 starts for Airdrie last season, 4 goals.

Obviously he struggled at QOS two seasons ago, but that may have been a confidence thing rather than a lack of ability. He's only 23 as well.

^^^^In no way related to the fact he was excellent for me on Football Manager and I've just seen he's a free agent.

I dont think he did particularly "struggle" with us. He wasnt prolific by any means but he fitted in well, had good work rate and was probably a first choice starter for most of his loan spell when fit. He was an absolute revelation in the two playoff games v Falkirk when he scored three. I think he would do well in the Championship.

I dont think he did particularly "struggle" with us. He wasnt prolific by any means but he fitted in well, had good work rate and was probably a first choice starter for most of his loan spell when fit. He was an absolute revelation in the two playoff games v Falkirk when he scored three. I think he would do well in the Championship.

This. Some of our fans had an absolute downer on the guy, partly driven I think by him missing an absolute sitter early on in his time with us. He wasn`t fantastic but did a decent job and as you say was excellent in the play off games against Falkirk.

Darren Barr linked with the sons in the daily record

I could be wrong, but isn't he from Clydebank? Injuries have wrecked his career, which is a real shame. If those are behind them then I'd be happy with the signing, but there's no point paying a wage to someone who'll spend their whole time in the stand.

Brown is a done deal reports my source. 2-year contract as well.

Hopefully your source is correct, Brown was the 'keepers coach at County and has his licences. Is Jim Gallagher staying on?

I could be wrong, but isn't he from Clydebank? Injuries have wrecked his career, which is a real shame. If those are behind them then I'd be happy with the signing, but there's no point paying a wage to someone who'll spend their whole time in the stand.

Hopefully your source is correct, Brown was the 'keepers coach at County and has his licences. Is Jim Gallagher staying on?

He grew up in Moodiesburn.

If he stayed fit he would be a great addition.