Sons' sorrow

Pretty gutted I missed it tonight, seems like a very decent all round performance. I can see Gibson being a star for us this season - and I've never even seen him play!

The most interesting thing I heard from my Dad when I got back, was when he said "It was an enjoyable game to watch". That's a phrase we didn't hear very often last season!

How did Moutinho and Thomson look?

Anyone know what the Hearts team was?

Hearts: Hamilton, Buchanan (Anderson, 60'), Smith (Paterson, 60'), Jones (Augustyn, 60'), Howlett-Mundle (McGhee, 60'), King (Nicholson, 60'), Pallardo (McKirdy, 60'), Henderson, Walker (Oliver, 60'), Reilly (El Hassnaoui, 60'), McLean (Juanma, 60'). Subs: Alexander

We got a match this weekend? I heard that there was a closed door friendly against Thistle at Garscube a while back but haven't seen anything official.

I hate not being able to witness Aitkens All-Stars in action.

For a preseason game with a virtually whole new team it was very entertaining and makes me feel quite optimistic. Thought Gibson, Routledge, both centre backs, Gallagher and Waters looked good. Cawley put in a great shift also looks like he could run all night.

Team looked well organised, we were better when we played with width. Did anyone else see how narrow the pitch was as well.

We got a match this weekend? I heard that there was a closed door friendly against Thistle at Garscube a while back but haven't seen anything official.

Personally I'm saving myself for Arthurlie away on the 28th.

????

The first victory in the cheaper insurance stadium and well deserved it was. Routledge is a cracking player. The defence were cool and composed and Gary Fleming had a great first half. The play was very positive and passing was the aim of the game. The team looked much stronger than this time last season and Gibson is going to be very entertaining. It is just a matter of which play off place we attain. All we need is a goal scoring striker and the championship is won

We humped them 5-1 and we are a wee bit dug meat.

Not sure you fishing or what but it would seem you lot did play the u20 where as we played the first team. May have been some young guys in the team that played us but our game was Hearts 1st pre season defeat.

You lot aren't good enough to merit playing their 1st team and hence officially played their u20 team. So get it right up you!

Hertz under 20s?

They are utter dug meat.

Defo wasn't the under 20's tonight, was pretty much the first team and reserve guys.

Not getting carried away over a friendly as it means absolutely nothing but we looked extremely well organised against a decent side. Routledge and particularly Gibson were excellent.

For a preseason game with a virtually whole new team it was very entertaining and makes me feel quite optimistic. Thought Gibson, Routledge, both centre backs, Gallagher and Waters looked good. Cawley put in a great shift also looks like he could run all night.

Team looked well organised, we were better when we played with width. Did anyone else see how narrow the pitch was as well.

one of the first things Murray did was narrow the pitch, pitch looked very green tonight for a change,

Personally I'm saving myself for Arthurlie away on the 28th.

:( Working for that as well, although the last time I saw us play them we lost 6-0 :lol: I stood with Pat Walker for the whole game though :wub:

I'll make it to the Bankies game, but that'll be it for pre-season for me. Typical, most exciting pre-season in years and it's the first I miss!

A very decent workout tonight against a Hearts mash-up. It's all about match fitness and the squad gelling together so in that regard it was a heartening exercise, no pun intended.

Several players caught the eye, although on the evidence of his 45 minutes Moutinho's best days look to be behind him. The search goes on for a striker but there's time yet.

If it's at Garscube you could watch it no bother if you wanted to