Sons' sorrow

Having the same name isnt the same as being named after.

Palmerston Park was first opened in 1919, when Queen of the South were formed, although football had been played on the site since the 1870s. The site of the ground was formerly a farm called Palmers Toun.

Can't see the problem with getting sponsorship in that means more funds for the club, this can only be a good thing.

The ground will still be called the rock by most.

I thought the sons were very impressive last night and they looked fitter than years gone by.

Feet planted firmly on the ground as that was not a full strength Hearts team but you can only beat what is in front of you.

And an added bonus was I got a sneak preview of the away strip which I think will be very popular!!

I couldn't give a hoot what the Stadium sponsor is.

I think it's a real pity our trackside advertising has been so poor in recent Seasons though. You'd think local businesses would back us, and get their name our there,especially since Sons are playing at a decent level, occasionally on TV etc

I think it's a real pity our trackside advertising has been so poor in recent Seasons though. You'd think local businesses would back us, and get their name our there,especially since Sons are playing at a decent level, occasionally on TV etc

Their seemed to be more trackside sponsors last night so hopefully that will continue!!

".... Cheaper Insurance Direct Stadium...." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There's doing a deal with sponsors, and there's rolling over for them.

Good to see our ex-team looking impressive for you, though.

Like you wouldn't sell your cock and balls on the black market to be in our position. Even if it meant your stadium being called the Cock and Balls Arena.

I still don't get how this is any different from the Strathclyde Homes Stadium or the Bet Butler Stadium. Am I missing something here?

".... Cheaper Insurance Direct Stadium...." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There's doing a deal with sponsors, and there's rolling over for them.

Good to see our ex-team looking impressive for you, though.

Someone better phone Man City and Bayern and tell them to stop rolling over for sponsors.

Are there any local businesses left in the town?

Did Alec the CID man used to sell burgers outside Akrams back in the day?

He might have. He was also in charge of catering at Celtic Park for a few years.

He's a decent bloke, and many a time he'd be on his feet cheering a goal in the Stand at Boghead.

And I used to get a free pie at half time, me being a Steward back then :thumsup2 .