Sons' sorrow

Mourinho took off terry at half time last week because he wanted to press further up the park. Doing that would leave space behind them so he put on a faster cb.

A slow cb can drag the team deeper. I dont think that'll be our game plan this year and doesnt suit Andy.

I thought doherty could have done more at malongas goal against hibs; hold off or match his run, was doherty awol at lyles goal on saturday?

Whilst I'm not saying Wright is signing for you. I doubt he is to be perfectly honest. You don't ever notice his lack of pace in the top league or not very often, since his positioning and play protects him from it. Just because a player may be slightly slow, doesn't mean page exposes them if they're clever.

I think Nishy may well be after andy graham. Could he do a job in league 1 or is he past it ?

Comfortably, he was still one of our best players last season, but isn't close to be match fit this season. He'll be a belting signing wherever he ends up.

Devastated by this news.

All the very best to the big man. He's a superb defender. We conceded 11 goals in the 22 matches he played in between October-May last season. His coming back into the team coincided with us going on a 9 or 10 match unbeaten run in the league.

Considering his service to Saints, he deserves better than what's happened over the last month or so. Defence has been struggling and he wasn't really given a chance in there.

So how will our defense shape up? Barr playing dm?

Can see us going 4-1-4-1

I think our defence will stay the same with Wright waiting for his chance. Our defence has actually been pretty good so far - we're 3 games in and still don't have a negative goal difference! He should provide good competition at the back though and be more than capable to step in when injuries/suspensions kick in.