Sons' sorrow

Can Barr play right back? Maybe an option to play him there?

Nope, would imagine we might see Buchanan or Waters there if Taggart gets suspended or injured (which would be a massive blow)

I'd imagine seen as neither Barr nor Wright can play two games in a week we'll see Wright covering for Barr. I remember Pars fans saying Buchy needs someone experienced alongside him to talk him through the game and I think that's the role Barr/Wright will play.

Nope, would imagine we might see Buchanan or Waters there if Taggart gets suspended or injured (which would be a massive blow)

I'd imagine seen as neither Barr nor Wright can play two games in a week we'll see Wright covering for Barr. I remember Pars fans saying Buchy needs someone experienced alongside him to talk him through the game and I think that's the role Barr/Wright will play.

He can, Barr was a right back for years. He played there for Falkirk's youths and reserves (CB also) and the season Bairns were relegated he was moved back to RB. Also plays CM, played there extensively for Hearts.

He can, Barr was a right back for years. He played there for Falkirk's youths and reserves (CB also) and the season Bairns were relegated he was moved back to RB. Also plays CM, played there extensively for Hearts.

Didn't know that, I knew about him at Centre mid, but with all the injuries I don't think he's got the legs for RB anymore. Plus there's no way I'd drop Taggart at the moment. Good to know that should he get suspended we might be able to play him as cover there.

I guess we could start with a midfield three of him, Gal and Routledge. That would certainly add a lot of defensive solidity.

Mourinho took off terry at half time last week because he wanted to press further up the park. Doing that would leave space behind them so he put on a faster cb.

A slow cb can drag the team deeper. I dont think that'll be our game plan this year and doesnt suit Andy.

I thought doherty could have done more at malongas goal against hibs; hold off or match his run, was doherty awol at lyles goal on saturday?

Looking at Lyles goal again it was a bit of a bad one for brown. Id want my keeper to punch that away all day, he tried but if he had stayed on his line he would have saved it.

Looking at Lyles goal again it was a bit of a bad one for brown. Id want my keeper to punch that away all day, he tried but if he had stayed on his line he would have saved it.

He didn't try anywhere near hard enough for me. It was like he trying to slap a fly with nobody near him.

If Wright is indeed signing then perhaps it would be worth partnering him with Buchanan from the off, allowing Barr to patrol in front of the back four, safe in the knowledge that he can step back if required.

That would allow Routledge to be creative a bit further forward, possibly flanked by Gibson and Cawley, with Gal or Garry playing just off a solo striker. At the risk of inflaming the Steven Craig Fan Club on here that may have to be the other presumed signing target unless we begin to see something more substantial from yer man.

If Wright is indeed signing then perhaps it would be worth partnering him with Buchanan from the off, allowing Barr to patrol in front of the back four, safe in the knowledge that he can step back if required.

That would allow Routledge to be creative a bit further forward, possibly flanked by Gibson and Cawley, with Gal or Garry playing just off a solo striker. At the risk of inflaming the Steven Craig Fan Club on here that may have to be the other presumed signing target unless we begin to see something more substantial from yer man.

Again, I don't barr would be any use as a holding midfielder. He's not mobile enough to play there.

Also that would still leave us no centre backs on the bench.

All about opinions, I think he will struggle in midfield, he's been turned pretty easily at the back and it would be worse in the middle.

Of course it's all about opinions, that's why we're here. Would it not be better if he was turned in midfield, given that there would still be a line of defence there?

Of course it's all about opinions, that's why we're here. Would it not be better if he was turned in midfield, given that there would still be a line of defence there?

Well no, you want him winning the ball!

I'm open to him playing there, but I just don't think he will be any better there. Hope he would prove me wrong though.

I notice frazer Wright says he wants to play week in week out so he won't be sitting on the bench. Could we be seeing aitken go with 3 at the back with Taggart and doc as wing backs?

Well no, you want him winning the ball!

I'm open to him playing there, but I just don't think he will be any better there. Hope he would prove me wrong though.

I notice frazer Wright says he wants to play week in week out so he won't be sitting on the bench. Could we be seeing aitken go with 3 at the back with Taggart and doc as wing backs?

Well yes, we want him winning the ball wherever he plays!

I don't think we'll see a change in formation, it seems that Stevie has kept this formation from his time at Stranraer so it's a system that he knows and likes. If Frazer is coming here to play then he's either going to fight it out for a centre back spot or we'll see Barr move forward, IMO. Either of those situations are fine with me, a change in formation could take us a couple of weeks to adjust to.