Sons' sorrow

I was at last night's game and I feel absolutely gutted by what happened in the final ten minutes both at Hampden and in Dublin. I do agree with the travel to and from Hampden being a nightmare and I probably put up with it since it's only about four times a year. If that was every second week, I'd have chucked a few years ago. Getting to and from the rock is an absolute breeze in comparison.

As for the club v country argument, it's only ever happened once that I remember that the two were playing on the same day ( Hibs/Georgia last year) and due to family stuff the decision was out of my hands. I think I would favour club over country but only by a small margin due to the fact that the Sons play more often.

And my appetite for international fitba may be waning due to this week of football pish. I used to be a fan of all club football stopping for the internationals but now I get pissed off having a game on Thursday/Sunday and no Dumbarton game on Saturday like this weekend. If Scotland play on a Saturday, I have no objection to no Dumbarton game scheduled that day!

The 'tin hat' on it for me was once again the Tartan Army glorying in failure. Chanting the manager's name, WGS getting the squad to pose in front of the crowd.....why?

I reckon I have watched between two and three thousand games at all levels over the years but despite being a sons supporter since birth there really is no greater experience than watching Scotland beating England. The glow stays with you for weeks. To be amongst a crowd of over 100000 scots fans at Hampden in the old days made you feel invincible.

I reckon I have watched between two and three thousand games at all levels over the years but despite being a sons supporter since birth there really is no greater experience than watching Scotland beating England. The glow stays with you for weeks. To be amongst a crowd of over 100000 scots fans at Hampden in the old days made you feel invincible.

Who'd have thought in those days 12,000 of our fans would be celebrating by singing doe a deer after beating Gibraltar but failing to qualify for a major tournament for the ninth time in a row?

The 'tin hat' on it for me was once again the Tartan Army glorying in failure. Chanting the manager's name, WGS getting the squad to pose in front of the crowd.....why?

Glorified friendly on Sunday and nothing more. I can understand people going if they've booked it, but the reaction wasn't what I would've expected.

I don't even blame the players as they're probably the best we have and the management only have those players at their disposal. The answer lies in the way players are developed at a young age really.

Anyway, no more international breaks this season and a Sons' game every week from now until April. Weather and cup excepted!

I didn't actually. Thought it finished years ago along with Ceefax

Fair comment. Teletext did in fact go out when Freeview came in,. BBC still has BBC text.

I call it Teletext because, well, it's on the television.

BBC Price of football survey link for ourselves. Cry yourself to sleep with amount of money you spend on football, I will:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-79ccb1e7-d390-44c1-8857-cfcb0ade2595

The money I spend watching football every year could get me "44 tickets to see a band like U2 or Take That" or "0.1028% of Nadir Ciftci". I think I'll carry on watching football to be honest. It's a false figure though, because they don't ask how much we spend on beer, ching and hookers at each game.

The money I spend watching football every year could get me "44 tickets to see a band like U2 or Take That" or "0.1028% of Nadir Ciftci". I think I'll carry on watching football to be honest. It's a false figure though, because they don't ask how much we spend on beer, ching and hookers at each game.

It works out at £35 a ticket for those gigs. Does it include a time machine too?