Sons' sorrow

It is because he will train full time with Queens.l

And?

He trains full-time with Celtic currently, who surely have better facilities/coaches at their disposal.

The whole thing makes no sense if they are peddling that it will aid his development. There absolutely nothing to suggest it will and it seems very odd making him leave when he wanted to stay and was doing well.

I can only assume Naysmith has a mate at Celtic who is doing him a favour and they are spouting pish to us.

Either way, like I said before, poor form from them and they can suck ma bawz.

Stevenson was apparently training with us this morning and is rumoured to be signing with us. From what I've seen of him this season and what some Sons fans have said, he looks like he's certainly got the ability but doesn't look interested if things aren't going his way..

Is that fair? If so, I can't say I'd be overly excited with his arrival. In this league, things rarely go your way.

4 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Stevenson was apparently training with us this morning and is rumoured to be signing with us. From what I've seen of him this season and what some Sons fans have said, he looks like he's certainly got the ability but doesn't look interested if things aren't going his way..

Is that fair? If so, I can't say I'd be overly excited with his arrival. In this league, things rarely go your way.

He certainly has the ability to ping a screamer into the top corner. 2-1 away win @ Palmerston springs to mind.

Lately he's been a regular substitute for us, coming on late in the match.

Frustrating player

Our first win against Dundee Utd he was excellent and I thought he could be a big difference for us but he just hasn't shown enough. Aye, he can ping one into the top bin every once in a while but it didn't merit him a starting spot and for the wages he was apparently on then both parties splitting looks the best option. He's decent back up for this level but that's it.

5 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

From what I've heard Stevo is an absolute stick on to join you lot.

In terms of genuine ability he's excellent, his technique on the ball is wonderful and he can spray some stunning passes. The problem is that he just doesn't do it very often. In most games he'll ping 1 stonking pass and be pretty ineffective for the rest of the time. The same goes with his shooting - he'll fire one in like he did against you lot, but then not shoot again or only send pathetic efforts wide for another 8 matches.

He can't really run, especially with the ball, and he's not that great in the air but he does hold the ball up well. As a sub he was quite handy and it's difficult to get it off him in the corner.

By all accounts he's a good guy to have about so as a sub to hold play up, and maybe help out the younger guys and ping in a couple of 30 yarders he'll be ok I'd imagine. However as a playoff chasing team I'd be shocked to see him as a regular. 

I'm genuinely astounded he's managed to even bag himself a days training with yourselves nevermind actually getting a deal. He was a massive disappointment and only really performed well in a cameo appearance against yourselves and at home to Dundee Utd. Other than that I thought he was hopeless.

He wont run, jump or tackle. His contribution tends to be sauntering around the park pinging in the very odd screamer. At first I thought it was a fitness thing but the guy is a personal trainer who spends every day in the gym. I think his legs have just gone in all honesty.

He seems a decent enough guy so I wish him well but I'd be lying if I said I was disappointed to see him go. I'm delighted we've manage to free up his wage.

44 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

And?

He trains full-time with Celtic currently, who surely have better facilities/coaches at their disposal.

The whole thing makes no sense if they are peddling that it will aid his development. There absolutely nothing to suggest it will and it seems very odd making him leave when he wanted to stay and was doing well.

I can only assume Naysmith has a mate at Celtic who is doing him a favour and they are spouting pish to us.

Either way, like I said before, poor form from them and they can suck ma bawz.

Celtic will have better facilities but maybe they just want him to experience full time training at a club hes also playing for. I cant say Im convinced there would be much difference but presumably hes training with the U20s at Celtic then with Dumbarton too? Training and playing with Queens will be closer to the routine etc of a first team player.

Doesnt sound like a big difference, to be fair

I don't know if anyone has pointed out a rather obvious contradiction in Celtic's decision to loan Thomson to QoS. On 22nd of Dec prior to Celtic's game with Hamilton, Brendan Rodgers was pretty scathing in his dismissal of 3G surfaces. Does he know about Palmerston do you think?

Take it this Thomson boy is a decent player ?

Can,T say I noticed him when you played at Palmy.

It is a strange move by Celtic boy settled with you and Celtic could still keep a eye on him at there training.

It can only be to train full time and play for that same team get him used to that.

Ayr fans were delighted when Stevo signed for us even though Partick fans warned us his legs had gone.  Dumbarton fans were delighted when they apparently nicked him from us in the Summer, even though Ayr fans warned them his legs had gone.  Now It's the Raith fans turn to be warned....his legs have gone. 

Ayr fans were delighted when Stevo signed for us even though Partick fans warned us his legs had gone.  Dumbarton fans were delighted when they apparently nicked him from us in the Summer, even though Ayr fans warned them his legs had gone.  Now It's the Raith fans turn to be warned....his legs have gone. 

I don't think you'll find that any of our fans were "delighted" - in fact as I recall there was a bit of concern that he was coming in after such a poor spell at Ayr.

Evidence of one singular Dumbarton fan being 'delighted' please.

The joe Thomson thing is a weird one but not overly concerning in my opinion.
He's been good for us but not a world beater, could be replaced by another youngster in a similar position.
I don't really understand celtics stance on this though. They have an abundance of midfielders and I don't think joe will feature in their 1st team any time soon. Liam Henderson was excellent for Hibs and can't get into the side, they have numerous other guys all probably ahead of him, if they thought that highly of him he would not be on loan at all and would be getting game time. No doubt he will go back on loan next season to a premiership club then get released at end of the season, Stuart Findlay-esque

4 hours ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

I don't know if anyone has pointed out a rather obvious contradiction in Celtic's decision to loan Thomson to QoS. On 22nd of Dec prior to Celtic's game with Hamilton, Brendan Rodgers was pretty scathing in his dismissal of 3G surfaces. Does he know about Palmerston do you think?

Thompson's departure is simply explained.  Celtic occasionally phone to check on their players' progress and that can only happen if the host club has a working telephone.  QED.