Sons' sorrow

25 minutes ago, sonsanorak said:

What is Locke thinking of!

Dont remember this guy as such but if he scores goals and buzzes about we ll take him.

I remember him very well from this game! I started Uni with the same notepad I wrote that on, and his name was all over it

If he's good enough for our first team he's perhaps more of a replacement in the 11 for Todd than Stevo. Still expecting Todd to leave.

Stevo and Joe gone, todd expected to leave and Nade and Vaughan in this week. I wonder if the three arrivals include those two.

55 minutes ago, sonsanorak said:

If he's good enough for our first team he's perhaps more of a replacement in the 11 for Todd than Stevo. Still expecting Todd to leave.

Stevo and Joe gone, todd expected to leave and Nade and Vaughan in this week. I wonder if the three arrivals include those two.

Don't you think if he was going he would be away now? 

Or has Stevie asked him to hang around until we get another midfielder in?

12 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

Don't you think if he was going he would be away now? 

Or has Stevie asked him to hang around until we get another midfielder in?

I don't believe anyone is in for Todd, if they are however it'll be a lower League side. Against Utd last Sat he was good, maybe his best performance to date. 

39 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

I don't believe anyone is in for Todd, if they are however it'll be a lower League side. Against Utd last Sat he was good, maybe his best performance to date. 

I believe the rumour was that he was heading back to Annan. As I say, I think if he was going then he would be away.

On 02/01/2017 at 21:14, No_Problemo said:

Surely you guys have enough strikers, let us have one. We will have a grand total of zero shortly.....

I'd personally have driven our dynamic duo of Skacel and McManus to your door.

However Locke appears to have gone mental.

Hopefully he goes out and does well, he's massively lacking in 1st team experience and it shows in his play. He has the potential but you can tell he is very naive in his play, something that only diminishes with game time.

If only we'd done this years ago. I fear it's now too late for him.

Good to see we're finally looking at sticking him out on loan. There's a decent player in there, but spending pretty much 2 years playing the odd 15 minutes every couple of months really has stunted his development.

Hopefully he gets plenty of game time, scores a few goals and comes back as the player we hoped he would be when he first burst onto the scene. After his MOTM performance against Peterhead in the Betfred Cup I reckon he could do quite well in L1.

How's Frazer Wright these days? Rumour of going to Stirling (I assume on loan?)

Pretty much done to be honest. I don't think he can last more than 60 minutes these days. He was outstanding last season and is a top guy though.

I wonder if a player/assistant role with you lot might be on the cards. He's definitely going into coaching and we could do with freeing up his wages to bring in another CB.

He got a first team ban for comments made to the ref at an U17s game with us btw, so would be top quality touchline entertainment.

If Fraz goes, and Harvie's loan isn't extended, we will have a total of 4 defenders on our books for next week and one of those is Craig Pettigrew, another is a right winger we're moulding into a right back. I suppose you could count Sparky too but I think we're all agreed he's better as a central midfielder.

I certainly hope Stevie has a couple of tricks up his sleeve as we're going from being fairly well covered at the back and nothing up front to having possibly too many options up front and none at the back in the space of a week.

The form table, compiled over eight games, makes interesting reading. The Bonnyrigg games were in the middle of that run and if you slice it in two, it goes two wins, one draw and one defeat both before and after. The defeats, against Morton and Hibs were versus the sides either side of us on that form table. If you add in the result one further back, a draw against Dunfermline, then that is the form for the last quarter against all teams in the division i.e. four wins, three draws and two defeats. Pretty good really and reinforcing evidence that the cup defeat was indeed a blip.

form table.png

I wouldn't be for letting Frazer go until we can be absolutely sure of a replacement cb arriving. Buchanan's upcoming suspension, coupled with Barr's < 100% reliability is going to leave gaps at the back.

I'm assuming no news is good news re a Harvie loan extension although Aberdeen being weird about him being cup tied in the Scottish makes me wonder whether they are keeping their options open.