Sons' sorrow

How good was Sam Stanton this season ?

Don't take what other Sons fans have said seriously. They must be deluded.

He was rubbish. A waste of a jersey. I don't think you'd want to sign him.

I'd imagine it's best he comes back to us to try and prove his worth, such was his ineffectiveness during his spell with us this season.

Are there any Alloa players that could interest us??Thinking about Spence,Flannigan and Mackin maybe.Would take Taggart back too.

Spence obviously got three today, but he's had time at this level before has he not?

That said, Flannigan looked good today, a player whose often quietly impressed me.

Just now, DumbartonTheSons said:

Spence obviously got three today, but he's had time at this level before has he not?

That said, Flannigan looked good today, a player whose often quietly impressed me.

Yeah, i think Spence could do a job for us as many players who are supposedly either past it or not good enough at a certain level do well for us..Nade, Stirling ,Thompson  and Carswell  being  great examples this season  but also Taggart AND Kirkpatrick performed well at this level in previous seasons (having been written off by previous clubs)when given the chance under Murray.

How good was Sam Stanton this season ?

Slow start to the season, mainly because he was played out wide, but always looked liked he could go past a player. His form improved immensely once played in CM, whether in an attacking or more defensive role, after headbuttgate. Might have been my pick for outfield player of the year.

A wee tip, for next season. Take an upturned beer crate to stand on at Glebe Park. Don't want you to risk a repeat of the Indodrill incident of season 2015/16.

Slow start to the season, mainly because he was played out wide, but always looked liked he could go past a player. His form improved immensely once played in CM, whether in an attacking or more defensive role, after headbuttgate. Might have been my pick for outfield player of the year.

A wee tip, for next season. Take an upturned beer crate to stand on at Glebe Park. Don't want you to risk a repeat of the Indodrill incident of season 2015/16.

Been there many times. We will get the stand behind the goals. Reserved for big supports [emoji8]

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aye you can't see past them for bottom spot. It was a good spectacle and well done to Brechin. But getting back to reality, they'll need to strengthen significantly to avoid the drop which will be financially impossible you'd imagine. They looked far worse than this season's Ayr.

We could be near the bottom next season as well so I'm happy they're up as well :lol:

Five years ago today, people (myself included) were saying the same about us. And look what happened. I'll not be writing Brechin off as they've beaten a Championship side and the second best team (over 36 games) in league one to get their promotion.

East Fife season ticket is £220 for early bird and £245 thereafter. Maybe ours aren't that wild after all?

What were they last season?

To go from 225 to 260 is wild. It's the amount it's gone up by that's the main issue. 260 is of course far, far too expensive but my main gripe is the increase itself.

To go from 225 to 260 is wild. It's the amount it's gone up by that's the main issue. 260 is of course far, far too expensive but my main gripe is the increase itself.

Was the season ticket last season not £250 and this season it's £270?

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I think in East Fife's case, their prices have risen by 40% if I've picked it up correctly! They are laying an artificial pitch this summer, but I'm not sure if that's the principal reason for the rise? As another example, Airdrie is £235 to £250 but I'm not sure if that is for the season just finished or the new one. Livingston's is £240 for the coming season, with a walk-up of £18.

I'd agree with anyone who says that prices for football in general are too high, but I don't know what the answer is.  Has any club successfully reduced admission prices, while growing both its support and income?

I think in East Fife's case, their prices have risen by 40% if I've picked it up correctly! They are laying an artificial pitch this summer, but I'm not sure if that's the principal reason for the rise? As another example, Airdrie is £235 to £250 but I'm not sure if that is for the season just finished or the new one. Livingston's is £240 for the coming season, with a walk-up of £18.
I'd agree with anyone who says that prices for football in general are too high, but I don't know what the answer is.  Has any club successfully reduced admission prices, while growing both its support and income?

Jesus christ.

I agree that it's a total catch 22 situation. Free tickets and all the rest of it are great, but for ourselves it's probably not viable.

Did ross county not reduce season ticket prices? It was in the media recently but I may be wrong and it may just be a freeze tbh.