Sons' sorrow

2 minutes ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

So what's going to be happening this 'terrific Tuesday' suggested by the club's tweet?...

I think it's only a hashtag terrific Tuesday because it's followed by a hashtag wonderful Wednesday. Would be nice to be wrong though.

I hope Walsh is unveiled in the new kit, that would be a double whammy of excitement. 

7 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

Yes they were. But neither game nor the two Celtic semi finals from 1970 have ever surfaced sadly.

Something makes me think that I've seen the Walter Smith o.g. fairly recently, maybe in a documentary? I didn't know that the Celtic replay was covered by television. Celtic TV might show it one of these days maybe? They've shown the 1967 League Cup semi against Morton, for example (Celtic were 5 up after about 20 minutes).

Something makes me think that I've seen the Walter Smith o.g. fairly recently, maybe in a documentary? I didn't know that the Celtic replay was covered by television. Celtic TV might show it one of these days maybe? They've shown the 1967 League Cup semi against Morton, for example (Celtic were 5 up after about 20 minutes).

I went to a DFC video night some time in the early 90s. It took place in the old presidents club bar at Boghead. They showed footage of 4 or 5 games one of which I'm sure was the Scottish cup semi final against Hearts. If I recall the night was organised jointly by the old presidents club in conjunction with the supporters club which at that time was being ran by Alec Dixon.

I can't recall exactly who was there to verify. Of those i remember were George Tibbs, and both Alec and Jean Dixon of all of whom have passed away.

I'm pretty sure John Wailes was there who was a councillor for a while and wrote with the local paper. Not seem him in 20 years or so. Big Jim Cunningham and Cammy Bruce were there too I think.

Can anyone recall this evening of Dumbarton TV footage entertainment?

47 minutes ago, sons'r'us said:

I went to a DFC video night some time in the early 90s. It took place in the old presidents club bar at Boghead. They showed footage of 4 or 5 games one of which I'm sure was the Scottish cup semi final against Hearts. If I recall the night was organised jointly by the old presidents club in conjunction with the supporters club which at that time was being ran by Alec Dixon.

I can't recall exactly who was there to verify. Of those i remember were George Tibbs, and both Alec and Jean Dixon of all of whom have passed away.

I'm pretty sure John Wailes was there who was a councillor for a while and wrote with the local paper. Not seem him in 20 years or so. Big Jim Cunningham and Cammy Bruce were there too I think.

Can anyone recall this evening of Dumbarton TV footage entertainment?

No-one has.

7 minutes ago, Tam Carson is my No 1 said:

With the names mentioned above ( great fans ) not new signings. Do you think a third kit could be produced with fans names on the jersey similar to what Hearts ?  done a few seasons ago could work. 

Very nice idea.

A) Can DFC afford to have a 3rd kit produced though?

B) Would DFC sell enough of these shirts?

An idea may be that supporters pay a nominal amount, a fiver or tenner say, in order to have their name(s) on the shirt??

Very nice idea.
A) Can DFC afford to have a 3rd kit produced though?
B) Would DFC sell enough of these shirts?
An idea may be that supporters pay a nominal amount, a fiver or tenner say, in order to have their name(s) on the shirt??

Have Clyde not done this recently too?

4 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:

Have Clyde not done this recently too?

Not too sure.

Believe Doncaster Rovers or Bradford City have done it recently.

It's genuinely a good idea, a piece of personal, wearable memorabilia & a bit of cash for the Club.

As long as the shirt is well designed and ticks all the boxes for the supporter obviously.

At last, post-match interviews that I will look forward to.  I'm sure they'll be a wee bit different to normal though :lol:

ETA - £5 to the charity of your choice to anyone who gets the phrase "Stevie Aitken tactical genius" into a postmatch interview.

Capture.PNG

Edited by Boghead ranter

Doesn't look like we'll be getting Hilson

Though I noticed that they decided not to offer Willis Furtado a deal yesterday, the Stenny fans on here seemed to really rate him, and he looks like he has the potential to be a smashing player. Wouldn't be averse to Stevie having a look at him.