Sons' sorrow

Going to get all hyped up for Chris Kane, only to be met with the bitter disappointment of a centre mid with 1 career goal in 6 years.

In all seriousness it better be a striker. Preferably a big strong one too. Hopefully it's no coincidence that Armand Oné was spotted hanging around Dumbarton East with his boots last night.

If true, I'm hoping it could be someone on loan from Hibs. I think we can give up any hope of Porteous joining, but I was thinking that Shaw could be a good signing and could potentially fill the Robert Thomson role of wide target man plus be back up for Nade. A complete guess based on the rumour on this last week.

On the evidence so far Walsh and Roy are our best two wide players. Not convinced Johnston or Seagall should be playing out wide. If we are signing someone I'd be happy with a striker or wide player but I genuinely feel we need a driving centre midfielder more than anything.

I hear we're waiting for the suspension list but Nade should only miss Kilmarnock as it's only violent conduct that gives an automatic two match ban, but I guess it depends on what he actually said to the linesman. I would also hope the fact he apologised to the linesman and ref after the game will work in his favour.

On a side issue to my last post - Does anyone know why Aitken would be meeting with anyone dressed in Street League gear?

Done a wee swatch and the only players I can find who are/were involved are David smith, Aggy, Mccracken and Mark Mcguigan.

It wasn’t david smith he was with either.

Don’t think we would be looking at any of those players so I’m hoping he is just going in to talk to/visit the young folk who go to street league etc

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

On loan or is it "if you find a club we'll let you go"? If it's the latter, I'm not sure he'll be in our price range.

I think it's both, he's not going to play so will be available. If a team doesn't take him permanently he'll leave on loan. 

Reminds me of Stantons situation last season, the guy needs games. Would be a good fit for The Sons.

Having seen the highlights now I can only assume that the far side linesman was Bankies Alive from on here. There's no other excuse for getting this wrong.

5979a0a15ec21_Screenshot2017-07-27at09_12_28.thumb.png.e3478bb06b52d462f1e009d6d3c7122f.png

5979a15725017_Screenshot2017-07-27at09_15_58.thumb.png.331bfb86970f98a8168eecc5a8147c85.png

And, having seen the red card, I can safely say that the linesman got that wrong too. I thought that The Prince must've been overly aggressive in the way he approached him, but not, it's just a wee comment as he walks past. I'm afraid that both teams would've had about 3 players left on the pitch if we're running by those rules.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

Not sure about anyone else, but I am far from convinced about our goalkeeper situation. I would still like to think we could pull someone out of the bag to be our "number 1" (I know the irony as Gallagher already has the number 1 top).

There are 2 reasons for me feeling this way. The first is that I think we could get a better 'keeper in and signed. Gallagher just hasn't convinced me yet.

The second reason I have slight worries is Jazza is not certain to be fit all season. We seen last season at Morton when Mark Brown had to come on what can happen. If we don't sign another we could end up in a Raith situation at some point...

Realistically, we will either bring in no-one or we will sign an unknown 17 year old who we hope to never have to use.

A question for anyone who attended the Annan game. Did Stevenson get a hard time or was he just being a helmet when he scored the winning penalty? :lol:

4 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

Not sure about anyone else, but I am far from convinced about our goalkeeper situation. I would still like to think we could pull someone out of the bag to be our "number 1" (I know the irony as Gallagher already has the number 1 top).

There are 2 reasons for me feeling this way. The first is that I think we could get a better 'keeper in and signed. Gallagher just hasn't convinced me yet.

The second reason I have slight worries is Jazza is not certain to be fit all season. We seen last season at Morton when Mark Brown had to come on what can happen. If we don't sign another we could end up in a Raith situation at some point...

Realistically, we will either bring in no-one or we will sign an unknown 17 year old who we hope to never have to use.

A question for anyone who attended the Annan game. Did Stevenson get a hard time or was he just being a helmet when he scored the winning penalty? :lol:

Really? Of all the problems we've got you want to open up the keeper debate?! :lol:

We have a small budget, there is absolutely no chance we'll be looking to sign up a 3rd keeper.

Stevo got some jovial boos as he walked up and someone shouted "shite" when he hit the penalty. He's acting like he was persecuted the whole match with his "haters gon hate" instagram post though. He didn't answer my "how's your retirement going, Stevo?" question. Disappointed, I genuinely was interested in how he was coping with life away from football.

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Really? Of all the problems we've got you want to open up the keeper debate?! :lol:

We have a small budget, there is absolutely no chance we'll be looking to sign up a 3rd keeper.

Stevo got some jovial boos as he walked up and someone shouted "shite" when he hit the penalty. He's acting like he was persecuted the whole match with his "haters gon hate" instagram post though. He didn't answer my "how's your retirement going, Stevo?" question. Disappointed, I genuinely was interested in how he was coping with life away from football.

Haha :lol: never even thought about the fact I was starting a 'keeper debate.

As I say, I'm not convinced on Jazza's fitness and would hate to see us even without a sub 'keeper nevermind the thought of repeating Faith's debacle of last season.

:thumsup2 Just as I expected from Stevo then. He's obviously won though, because he scored the winning penalty in the diddy cup for Annan to gain a bonus point. Stevie must be gutted we couldn't convince him to stay. :lol: