Sons' sorrow

As we know, in recent seasons we've started some seasons in a semi-shambolic state only to turn things around come the following May.  Judging however by the close-season activity and the two games I've seen so far we are really upping the ante this time around, to the extent that I feel that we will see very little difference in performances and results once the league starts.  Probably just more gaols against.
I've already mentioned the reduction in the playing budget didn't help but we don't currently look to have the semblance of a squad capable of competing in the Championship, never mind a settled team.  The silence on Carswell suggests he is about to move into (already-crocked) Grant Gal territory and it's honestly now difficult to detect a shaft of optimism anywhere.  I won't be going near Kilmarnock tomorrow. 

I fully agree.

I'm normally fairly calm about our shitey League Cup performances but this year I'm fearing the worst. I've been massively underwhelmed with the squad assembled thus far and I'm not expecting much quality in terms of future signings.

PTIK etc.

34 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

As we know, in recent seasons we've started some seasons in a semi-shambolic state only to turn things around come the following May.  Judging however by the close-season activity and the two games I've seen so far we are really upping the ante this time around, to the extent that I feel that we will see very little difference in performances and results once the league starts.  Probably just more gaols against.

I've already mentioned the reduction in the playing budget didn't help but we don't currently look to have the semblance of a squad capable of competing in the Championship, never mind a settled team.  The silence on Carswell suggests he is about to move into (already-crocked) Grant Gal territory and it's honestly now difficult to detect a shaft of optimism anywhere.  I won't be going near Kilmarnock tomorrow. 

I know where you are coming from but our performances so far have been no worse than East Fife and Queens Park a couple of years ago, or last seasons league cup against Forfar, East Fife and Peterhead as well as the six goals conceded to Dundee. Having said that a team which combines four players from a relegated Raith side with four players from the St Mirren team of the first half of the season is an odd tactic.

we need a midfielder who will drive us forward (unless Handling can do that)

Handling your man then. He doesn't do much on the defensive side of things. He's still young enough to drum that into him though.

I thought he was our best player by a longshot leading up to our impending relegation.

He looked completely out of place for us. He actually wanted to keep the ball down and pass it. A pity the rest of the cloggers had other ideas.

If we had stayed up, I'd have easily kept him for that league which is more than I can say for the majority of last season's team(some who are still with us).

I think he'll do really well for you.

That's what I wrote on our thread yesterday when Sonsteam popped over for his weekly visit.

3 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Handling your man then. He doesn't do much on the defensive side of things. He's still young enough to drum that into him though.

Good to know, we have Carswell who can sit and do the defensive side, if Danny can do the rest then that's pleasing.