Sons' sorrow

Impressed with right back Smith and Johnstone. Johnstone just not needs a wee bit of confidence taking the last man on. Our defence looks quite assured aswell. Mark Stewart is putting in a power or work. Not happy with punting the baw up to him all the time. 

7 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

We've actually been not too bad here. Individual mistakes have lead to both their goals, we're still absolutely toothless up front without The Prince.

...Robert Thomson scores his second of the afternoon for Morton......

Vaughan got a couple for Raith aswell. We huffed and puffed. Alot of good effort. Lee Erwin is a terrific signing for Killie, they should do okay this year. 

I wasn't too disheartened with that today despite the scoreline. Smith at right back and Johnston played well. Still a bit unsure of the keeper at high balls but a decent shot stopper. We are in desperate need of a striker though. A Chris Kane style would be great. 

I'd probably rather it was done earlier in the day. It would be great to make the first home league game of the season a big event. Meet the manager could be a really good part of that, but I'd have it earlier and allow Stevie to get back to his pre-match stuff. Open the doors at 1pm for a 1:15 start. Hold the session until 2:00 and let the manager get back to his pre-match prep, leaving an hour for fans to get ready for kick off.

Very strange time for a meet the manager. Being the 1st game of the season additional punters normally come a wee bit earlier than normal for a beer or 2.

Have it at 1pm and you get them in even earlier. Making a bit extra dosh for the club from Bar takings. Add to that the team talk, etc already discussed. Strange.

I'm genuinely not looking to create panic here but everything we're doing screams disorganisation and that in the end, to me, means relegation. I hope I'm wrong but it's bizarre decision after bizarre decision. Stevie has never done a meet the manager but feels the need to do one an hour before our first league match? I will go and listen but at the end of the day we need to see a TEAM on the park. Not just boys he managed to cobble together. He has a massive job on his hands.

Adam Thomas saying on Twitter Barr was given the day off to attend his brother's wedding and Aitken will be signing a defender early next week.

I sincerely hope we still have room for a striker after that because currently all we have is Nade and Stewart who I assume will both be starters. It looks like Roy will be deployed as a winger so I'm not counting him.

I'm genuinely not looking to create panic here but everything we're doing screams disorganisation and that in the end, to me, means relegation. I hope I'm wrong but it's bizarre decision after bizarre decision. Stevie has never done a meet the manager but feels the need to do one an hour before our first league match? I will go and listen but at the end of the day we need to see a TEAM on the park. Not just boys he managed to cobble together. He has a massive job on his hands.

Stevie has done meet the manager.

I'm sure he did it in his first season with us.

Adam Thomas saying on Twitter Barr was given the day off to attend his brother's wedding and Aitken will be signing a defender early next week.

I sincerely hope we still have room for a striker after that because currently all we have is Nade and Stewart who I assume will both be starters. It looks like Roy will be deployed as a winger so I'm not counting him.

Stewart has disappointed so far. Plenty of effort and movement but it doesn't seem to go anywhere. Always thought he was a good player. Hopefully he'll develop an understanding with Nade and do it for us.

Whilst I don't disagree with Stevie that we need another defender, we absolutely desperately require another striker. That should be the main priority. Lee Erwin was exactly the sort of guy we need (obviously not actually him, as he's far too good for us) but a big powerful guy, capable of holding play up, running the channels, and with a decent record of putting chances away. There aren't too many of them about, but I'd hope that would be our priority. The Prince will get injured and, whilst he was good today, I'm still not 100% sold on Stewart thus far.

As a total aside, and just to add some positive spin on a 3-0 defeat, I thought Andy Dowie played well today. He looked shaky at Cliftonhill at the start of pre-season, but has really came onto a game since then...even if he did give Stevie an earful in the first-half after he got the blame for something :lol: