Sons' sorrow

Alright guys! Just for the groups perspective for the fans who attended today’s match did you feel the drum created a good atmosphere? Would be really helpful if you could quote this and reply yes or no and why, cheers in advance 

I thought it was brilliant today chief. Had a big game feel to it today

Hi Lads, 

Just popping in to say thanks for doing us a massive favour today.

From Match Analysis from the esteemed  Mr C Young esq, sounds like you were well worthy of your win even before they went a man down.

Tough place to go (we got pumped there 3-0 earlier in the season ) so great result!!

After all the problems youu've caused us over the last season and a half, it's braw to see you help us out, so thanks a million!!

Arabest 8)

Just on to say how impressed I have been with Kyle Hutton since I slated him about 6 weeks ago. Been sensational recently, happy to eat my words and long may it continue.

Also well done to the boys trying to get some atmosphere going. Even 5 minutes before the game started there felt like more of an atmosphere than there’s been at any game this season. Hope the issues with whoever is being a cock at home games drops it and they let the drum in.

1 hour ago, Robbiem1872 said:

Alright guys! Just for the groups perspective for the fans who attended today’s match did you feel the drum created a good atmosphere? Would be really helpful if you could quote this and reply yes or no and why, cheers in advance 

I missed the game today but it certainly did at Dunfermline.

Hi Lads, 
Just popping in to say thanks for doing us a massive favour today.
From Match Analysis from the esteemed  Mr C Young esq, sounds like you were well worthy of your win even before they went a man down.
Tough place to go (we got pumped there 3-0 earlier in the season ) so great result!!
After all the problems youu've caused us over the last season and a half, it's braw to see you help us out, so thanks a million!!
Arabest 8)

Wouldn’t call C Young esteemed!.

8 hours ago, Curler said:

Wouldn’t call C Young esteemed!.

Agreed; hoped you'd note the sarcasm.... :lol:

That being said, we all know that when he can't get a gig at Ibrox, he likes to see his wee team (whom he has a major soft spot for), so listening to him wax lyrical about Dumarton's performance (while I was driving back form Tannadice), was a breath of fresh air. You'se must have been good.

Point to note also.... Interviews with Championship managers virtually never get on Sportsound these days, they only ever focus on the Premiership for those, so to get a good few minutes with Stevie Aitken on there was decent. Hope you can keep him.

Like I said on the league predictor thread.... Dumbarton will do a Dumbarton again this year, and stay away form both auto relegation and the playoff spot.

6 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Not sure if it's the same Robbie that posts on here but someone posting under that name under the yellow union Twitter isn't covering themselves or our support in glory on twitter

That is not me mate, that is another Robbie, the boy is only joking but I can see where you are coming from.

Edited by Robbiem1872

8 minutes ago, Consolidate said:

A bit of horsetrading in January for another loanee in attack and we could be looking at another decent season. Remarkably.

Totally agree. If Morrison leaves on the expiry of his loan, and we can ship out a couple of the guys who Stevie maybe doesn't fancy (hiya Chris Johnston, hiya pal) then I'd like to think we might be able to get someone in who can get 5 or 6 goals between January and May. Ideally I'd love to see John Sutton come in, but I reckon there'll be a host of teams in this league after him if Saints are willing to let him go.

We've got creativity behind the striker, we've got defensive protection, we've got two really good full-backs, three centre-backs who have  started to look decent, and a 'keeper who, odd terrifying moment aside, looks to be settling down. It's the first time in a long time that I haven't thought we need major squad surgery in January. Considering where we were in the final week of May I've got nothing but admiration for the way Stevie has done that.

Out: Morrison, Johnston, Prior (loan)

In: Goalkeeper (Anyone please), Midfielder (Joe Thomson please), Striker (John Sutton please).

I don't see that being a cost equal out and in, nor do I see it being at all possible, but it would be fucking lovely nonetheless. The good thing though is that we don't need any major overhaul here, one or two leaving and the right players coming in could really push us on.

I'd keep Morrison. He may not have the goals yet but he's a right annoyance for the defence. I'd be chapping the door of the Celtic and Aberdeen, maybe even Rangers asking for a couple of players. We have a good track record of giving these guys a platform to perform.

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Totally agree. If Morrison leaves on the expiry of his loan, and we can ship out a couple of the guys who Stevie maybe doesn't fancy (hiya Chris Johnston, hiya pal) then I'd like to think we might be able to get someone in who can get 5 or 6 goals between January and May. Ideally I'd love to see John Sutton come in, but I reckon there'll be a host of teams in this league after him if Saints are willing to let him go.

We've got creativity behind the striker, we've got defensive protection, we've got two really good full-backs, three centre-backs who have  started to look decent, and a 'keeper who, odd terrifying moment aside, looks to be settling down. It's the first time in a long time that I haven't thought we need major squad surgery in January. Considering where we were in the final week of May I've got nothing but admiration for the way Stevie has done that.

What's Ollie Shaw at Hibs up to right now ?

8 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Playing reasonably regularly off the bench for Hibs.

Soccerbase has him making 3 league appearances this season, two of those in the last two weeks.  Lenny is just getting him into the swing of things for us so that he hits the ground running.

:ph34r: