Sons' sorrow

That was certainly a factor in the amended application. However the wisdom from those involved at the time was that the 3500 application wouldn't have been passed anyway. Certainly not now with all the housing development completed and pending.

Surely the temporary nature of the stand. E.g. for one season may be something that could gain approval. Particularly when you can guarantee the stand would only be used for 4 league games and any cup games as required.

Surely the temporary nature of the stand. E.g. for one season may be something that could gain approval. Particularly when you can guarantee the stand would only be used for 4 league games and any cup games as required.

Temporary applications are subject to the same planning process though and there is no apparent solution to the parking issue. I'm no expert on planning matters but the Chief Exec of the club, as a qualified surveyor and property consultant, is. He is someone whose very position is to maximise income for the club and he has concluded, after examining all the issues involved, that it can't be done.

Congrats on another terrific result today.

As a st mirren ran I really do hope we steal your manager in the coming months - seems to have worked wonders with you. I remember a herald interview he done when he first took over and he came accross very well.

How's Paul McGinn been playing this year? Can you clear up why he left us? Is it coz he wants to stay part time for UNi? Or did he just want first team football? Another Danny Lennon catastrophe if the latter is the case.

As a st mirren ran I really do hope we steal your manager in the coming months - seems to have worked wonders with you. I remember a herald interview he done when he first took over and he came across very well.

No offence to the Saints but i think if Ian moves on it will be to a much bigger club or Hibs

How's Paul McGinn been playing this year? Can you clear up why he left us? Is it coz he wants to stay part time for UNi? Or did he just want first team football? Another Danny Lennon catastrophe if the latter is the case.

He left because he was guaranteed first team football with us which your mob couldn't guarantee to him. He has been tremendous this season and is one of if not the best Right Back in the league.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

As a st mirren ran I really do hope we steal your manager in the coming months - seems to have worked wonders with you. I remember a herald interview he done when he first took over and he came accross very well.

You're no getting him beat it!! Nah he's doing an excellent job.

Mcginn has been excellent and a leading candidate for player of the year in the eyes of many. Very pacey, fit, gets in vital blocks and a great crosser.

I'm sure he left to chase first team football, have no doubts he will be back full time eventually.

It was mentioned at the Meet the Manager that the Championship manager of the month hadn't been announced by the club and wouldn't be announced until after the game yesterday. Ian clearly a superstitious guy :lol:. Really enjoyed listening to Murray and I don't think there's any doubt he'll go far in the game. He's very ambitious and admits himself he probably expects too much of the players at times but f**k me are they doing their best to prove him right. Even if he does leave he's already putting a squad in place for next year and hopes to have a few others tied down in the coming weeks. He really is a fine specimen of a man and I fucking love the guy. There wasn't a thing he said yesterday that I disagreed with and I hope the squad achieve 4th place this year and do us all proud.

I fucking love Dumbarton.

I know this is a bit out of the blue but does any sons fan remember the game against Manchester Utd in 1991? It was a bit before i was born but all i can find was the goalscorers for United that day (Mark Robins x2,Mark Hughes x2 and Brian McClair) can anyone else give me more info about the line ups? Is it true that Schmeichel made his début that day?

Reason I ask is that I overhead a few guys at the game yesterday one was a regular and the other one I hadn't seen before,the regular said something about it being Schmeiches first game for them just wondered if it was true,cracking bit of trivia if it is!

You're no getting him beat it!! Nah he's doing an excellent job.

Mcginn has been excellent and a leading candidate for player of the year in the eyes of many. Very pacey, fit, gets in vital blocks and a great crosser.

I'm sure he left to chase first team football, have no doubts he will be back full time eventually.

Another catastrophic decision by DL. I had heard he had a very good spell at you last season and as def ready for the step up. We had Van Zanten who is past it, and brought in a guy caprice on loan from Blackpool who i think got 10 mins for football before the loan deal was cancelled at Xmas (6 of the 7 players he brought in at start of season are already away!)

We have Naismith who has came through at Rb who is a big fit strong boy, but I think he may have very limited ability, so the fact that DL didn't see McGinn getting a game on front of DVZ really is baffling.

I think we would be a good step for Murray, we are a (relatively) well run club, and will get time off the board if things aren't going right (maybe to much time!)

Anyway, hope you keep up the good run and would love for use to get promoted, I don't want to see Dundee getting promoted anyway! (They stole my other preferred manager!)

I know this is a bit out of the blue but does any sons fan remember the game against Manchester Utd in 1991? It was a bit before i was born but all i can find was the goalscorers for United that day (Mark Robins x2,Mark Hughes x2 and Brian McClair) can anyone else give me more info about the line ups? Is it true that Schmeichel made his début that day?

Reason I ask is that I overhead a few guys at the game yesterday one was a regular and the other one I hadn't seen before,the regular said something about it being Schmeiches first game for them just wondered if it was true,cracking bit of trivia if it is!

I'm pretty sure that is correct! I was only born in 91 but my dad's told me stories quite a few times of how he through the ball 3/4 of the length of the pitch (think it was also a goal assist). Think it might have been a testimonial match...