Sons' sorrow

Even if we had Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez turning out for us all you old boys would still claim that they couldn't lace the boots of old Cruncher McKay, One Eyed Jimmy and Biscuit Barrell Broon.

Get yourself down and see what all the fuss is about! Best team we've had in decades playing in modern facilities perfectly suited to the clubs needs.

This is the best team we have had since 84 promotion winners. Chris turner.is a tremendous player as are.mcginn and.kane.they are not quite as good as 76 bunch yet but manager murray is.the best.manager since the immortal Jackie Stewart.where have you been for the last forty years. Get along immediately and support the boys jock.

It's been a long, long time since I went to Boghead to see the Sons. 1976 was the year I last went after moving away. Now back, I'm of a mind to go along to the fancy dan new stadium and see what it's all about these days.

I doubt I'll be watching players of the calibre of MacLeod, Wallace, Bourke and Heron these days more's the pity.

Get yourself along to the Rock, jock.

I remember the players you mention, the Whiteford's too, the overhead kick to make it 2-2 at Boghead and our promotion to the Scottish Premier. :-)

The days of having the same group of players for say, 5 years + may be gone, but Sons have a new way of working. Decent loan signings, youth and experience coupled with a Manager and his Assistant full of ideas and contacts within the game. Not to forget Alan Jardine and his fellow board/directors/secretaries who are making it great to be watching The Sons these days.

Enjoy

Due to call-offs, I have 2 spare return tickets going for the train to Aberdeen this Saturday. The cost for each ticket is £12.20.

We'll be leaving Glasgow Queen St at 9:41am and arrive in Aberdeen at 12:23. The return journey is leaving Aberdeen at 19:47 and getting back into Glasgow at 22:20. Seats are reserved.

If your interested PM me.

Cheers.

Even if we had Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez turning out for us all you old boys would still claim that they couldn't lace the boots of old Cruncher McKay, One Eyed Jimmy and Biscuit Barrell Broon.

Get yourself down and see what all the fuss is about! Best team we've had in decades playing in modern facilities perfectly suited to the clubs needs.

Jake 'The Snake' McPake was the best Sons player. Cruncher McKay was a shitebag in reality, One Eyed Jimmy had limited vision and Biscuit Barrell Broon was, well, a lazy fat b*****d.

Jake though? Just ask the ladies of Bellsmyre.

Don't want to alarm anyone but... http://www.dumbartonreporter.co.uk/news/dumbarton/articles/2014/03/13/491696-dumbarton-waterfront-works-to-start-this-year-/

Kidding on, I do want to alarm you. BE ALARMED! In all seriousness, if what Cllr Murray is saying is true then we should really be asking questions of the board here. I'm no architect but I'm fairly certain plans for a new stadium don't just pop up over night. We've clearly been working at this for a while and not a fucking peep comes from the board. If the plans were sensible, well thought out or reasonable, why wouldn't they mention it to the fans? Yip, you guessed it, it's because the plans are likely pie in the sky and they know we'll be against it.

"I'm not sure Dalmoach is the best option but there are certainly limitations at the current site in terms of capacity". Of course there capacity limitations, a very fucking sensible 2,000 capacity that WE HAVE NEVER FILLED, yet this article suggest we're looking to increase that.

Property developing owners looking to develop property, fair enough but at what expense to us? It's clear from that article that the development is happening, so let's start asking questions now before we finish up shit creek without a paddle.

Time to start asking questions about this pish. It's an absolute joke we are seeing this in the reporter and the board haven't uttered a peep.

I'll be chaining myself to the turnstyle this Saturday in protest. Completely naked wearing nothing but my Ian Murray mask.

I'm going to organise a "dirty" protest.

Don't want to alarm anyone but... http://www.dumbartonreporter.co.uk/news/dumbarton/articles/2014/03/13/491696-dumbarton-waterfront-works-to-start-this-year-/

Kidding on, I do want to alarm you. BE ALARMED! In all seriousness, if what Cllr Murray is saying is true then we should really be asking questions of the board here. I'm no architect but I'm fairly certain plans for a new stadium don't just pop up over night. We've clearly been working at this for a while and not a fucking peep comes from the board. If the plans were sensible, well thought out or reasonable, why wouldn't they mention it to the fans? Yip, you guessed it, it's because the plans are likely pie in the sky and they know we'll be against it.

"I'm not sure Dalmoach is the best option but there are certainly limitations at the current site in terms of capacity". Of course there capacity limitations, a very fucking sensible 2,000 capacity that WE HAVE NEVER FILLED, yet this article suggest we're looking to increase that.

Property developing owners looking to develop property, fair enough but at what expense to us? It's clear from that article that the development is happening, so let's start asking questions now before we finish up shit creek without a paddle.

I reckon it's a done deal. I've said for ages now that (balfour Beatty?) are putting drainage in place, and that I'd bet it's for the New stadium. Never a field that's been used so why does it need these massive concrete pipes put in place if not to erect something?

I would like to know if the Sonstrust board member was at any meetings in relation to this. If no, then why not, and if yes, why weren't we told?

Why don't you ask the Trust then?

I have.

I would like to know if the Sonstrust board member was at any meetings in relation to this. If no, then why not, and if yes, why weren't we told?

As others have said, email the Trust and/or the club. If they get enough emails it'll force them to make a statement.

“Obviously there has been talk about them" this sums up WDC to me, referring to the succesful local team who have really put the town back on the footballing map. This rears it's head every year but this time as has been said beforehand is particluarly worrying looking. I think we all know theres only one Ian Murray and it certainly isn't this guy. We need answers from the board,and quickly.

post-33799-0-14703300-1394794616.jpg