Sons' sorrow

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Barry Smith is a guy I've been thinking about since Aitken was bagged actually.

I really don't fancy him at all, and I'm slightly concerned the board may view him favourably due to his close run title challenge last season. I don't remember him ever really doing that great anywhere else, bar a decent spell at Dundee. Was his Alloa team not fairly guff (24% win rate there)? His record at East Fife was average to shite and I remember being surprised he ended up getting the Raith gig.

I reckon I'd be fairly happy with Duffy or Robson, but I'm looking forward to seeing who else applies.

Smith was just the first name that came into my head for a "relatively safe pair of hands", I'm not convinced he's what we need either. But his record in this division isn't that bad, 39% win ratio with East Fife  (only lost 8 games out of 23 with them) and 55% with Raith. You could argue that his win % with Raith should've been higher as they were full time in a mostly part time league, but again his stats show him to be a relatively safe pair of hands for a League 1 side.

2 hours ago, sonsrealfan said:

So it has happened and im guessing that all of youbwill be happy about it. Maybe Stevies time was up based on poor results but he treated disgusting in recent weeks. Booing and shouting as he left the park is not on should be there to support him. Stevie will always be a club legend but the new manager will get my support the same way he did. Lets hope he gets treated better than stevie ever did!! 

Treated  better than Stevie EVER was?

Stevie was guaranteed a blowjob at the end of every game, regardless of result or performance, from certain sections of our support, even right at the very end.  And right from the start of his tenure, he was as close to 100% backing at DFC as any manager I've ever known, so don't give us the "oh, he's been so hard done to" crap.

11 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken said:

Most importantly, if we do give Jim Duffy the role, I hope we stretch to get him a better suit than that grey monstrosity he always wears.

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for jim duffy

A nice, dark charcoal grey waistcoat would be far more flattering for his barrel.

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

Treated  better than Stevie EVER was?

Stevie was guaranteed a blowjob at the end of every game, regardless of result or performance, from certain sections of our support, even right at the very end.  And right from the start of his tenure, he was as close to 100% backing at DFC as any manager I've ever known, so don't give us the "oh, he's been so hard done to" crap.

That's the 2nd comment you've made about Aitken receiving blowjobs.

Bit of a weird obsession no?

For somebody who is so anti Aitken, you're posting a fair whack about his boaby.

10 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

For somebody who is so anti Aitken, you're posting a fair whack about his boaby.

Or maybe I could just accept that you know a little bit more about that sort of thing than I do?

Edited by Boghead ranter

26 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Gosh, you really don’t have a sense of humour, do you?

Here's a name / suggestion for you: Dougie Samuel.

The current coach of Spartans who looked well organised and played some good football against us, as well as getting a much better result at New Love Street (or whatever it's called) than Stevie's Super Sons did.

He might just fancy it, you know.

Or, what about Gus McPherson considering all the uncertainty at QP just now? I'd be surprised if he didn't apply.

2 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken said:

On another note, I feel sorry for whoever's having to sift through the numerous troll applications that will have been sent in to the club :bairn

Yeah! You've got it! Employ a real troll and he can say in every post-match interview: "Your [or our] boys took a helluva beating!"

Here's a name / suggestion for you: Dougie Samuel.
The current coach of Spartans who looked well organised and played some good football against us, as well as getting a much better result at New Love Street (or whatever it's called) than Stevie's Super Sons did.
He might just fancy it, you know.
Or, what about Gus McPherson considering all the uncertainty at QP just now? I'd be surprised if he didn't apply.
McPherson is now technical director at st mirren, I doubt he'll want to give that up.