Sons' sorrow

Must be the phone or app. It said you quoted me but there was nothing there. Though tbf to the phone/app it's been busy tonight as some zoomer has been going through my posts red dotting them for some reason so I've been getting constant notifications [emoji33]
Well have a fucking greenie on me, since I've woke up in a terrific mood [emoji16]

For the doubters, sorry but I wouldn't waste my time coming on a Dumbarton thread to spout rubbish.

There are a few clubs disappointed by the list of applicants for the vacancies at the moment.

I would be crediting your BOD for thinking outside the box and looking at alternative options. If this comes off and still an IF, be a great move for Dumbarton.

I would be over the moon if Berwick had made the move for this lad, personally think he'll be a very good manager.  Our board wouldn't know where to start with such matters. 

1 minute ago, Disc Potato said:

For the doubters, sorry but I wouldn't waste my time coming on a Dumbarton thread to spout rubbish.

There are a few clubs disappointed by the list of applicants for the vacancies at the moment.

I would be crediting your BOD for thinking outside the box and looking at alternative options. If this comes off and still an IF, be a great move for Dumbarton.

I would be over the moon if Berwick had made the move for this lad, personally think he'll be a very good manager.  Our board wouldn't know where to start with such matters. 

Oh, stop teasing. Please?

2 minutes ago, Old Scrotum said:

I put down my morning-cap to look through SPFL squad lists here - very few "spare" strikers of management age although one I did note: Connor Sammon. Certainly has experience and seems surplus to requirements at his parent club.

Does he have any badges? 

The man I was thinking of was working towards his A License a couple of years ago...

15 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Does he have any badges? 

The man I was thinking of was working towards his A License a couple of years ago...

I have no idea, but by his age most players will be doing something if management/coaching appeals to them more than buying a pub. (!)

As I said, it was only a name that sprung out at me. Perhaps he's related to former manager Tom "Salmon" Carson.

Tbh anyone is a massive gamble. There are pros and cons to whoever we appoint. Some will say they want the experienced head to steady the ship ie Duffy. Some will say they want the young blood with fresh ideas ie Murray. Whoever it is we all need to get right behind them

12 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Tbh anyone is a massive gamble. There are pros and cons to whoever we appoint. Some will say they want the experienced head to steady the ship ie Duffy. Some will say they want the young blood with fresh ideas ie Murray. Whoever it is we all need to get right behind them

True. I’m not opposed to going down the route of inexperience again. There are no guarantees, I just personally have a feeling that’s not the manager we need right now.

I think we need an experienced gaffer to be honest.  We have some big personalities in that dressing room that need managed. Not convinced it's the best environment for a gaffer in his first job - when we appointed Murray it was a bit different, we had all pretty much accepted relegation and knew we could afford some "bedding in time". Luckily that all clicked instantly. This time round we need someone to hit the ground running and get us right back p the table, that's a bit of pressure for any new gaffer, and having lightning strike twice with a Murray style appointment would seem unlikely to me.