Sons' sorrow

For a moment I thought that was Stevie Aitken's own departure statement.

Every club has nutters in its support, every club has other fans that you don't agree with or even don't like. But we should all be united around a common cause - that which is best for the club. We'll never all agree on decisions made on or off the park and I don't condone those who took the abuse of Aitken to unacceptable levels, but the manager has gone so let's all put the discussions and arguments behind us and give our full support to the Sons.

I can only assume he's been at the giggle-water rather early today.

#WeDontDoWalkingAway

3 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken said:

If I was him I'd be pleading the Ian Botham defence and claiming my account was hacked.

We'll find out on the 27th, if not at Arbroath. Isn't he one of "Tommy's Travellers"?

toys.jpg

Edited by Old Scrotum

18 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken said:

I kind of feel sorry for him, but what on earth was he expecting after posting such a ridiculous statement.

Actually reading it back, the reactions from people aren’t even that bad. No one has really even been aggressive towards him.

Some wido just keeps offering to take his season ticket off his hands :rolleyes:

Wow. Just wow.

The sooner we appoint a replacement and can move on, the better. Most have already moved on, as you do, some others are struggling greatly it would seem.

Anyway... I've got faith that when the board make the decision, they'll get it right.

JD would be my choice, but he may we'll be Firhill-bound. If he isn't though, I'd imagine we might be a decent second-option for him.

There will be numerous candidates both ones touted here and ones who come from left-field, but we ARE an attractive proposition to managers and I'm sure we'll make a good appointment and get the usual boost that goes with it.

He's taking the responses well. Wow [emoji38]
5bc095c4bac38_Screenshot_2018-10-12-13-37-332.thumb.png.1514dafcd43add8779e30af223b0db7b.png
Ooft, what a complete zoomer.

In the words of Mr X (I think). Keep pushing...
Harsh on Mr X there. It was Nizzy who had the breakdown and came out with that belter.

30 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

That is utterly shocking.        Saturday's !!!

Call me Old Skool, but things were handled much better in person back in the day; how I wonder how today's snowflakes would have coped with navigating safe passage back to Airdrie railway station from Broomfield, or wiping the spittle from your jacket after half-time at Brockville ? 

Badly I guess; according to my telly half of these weans under 25 aren't even taking a drink FFS.  Probably spending way too much time hammering at keyboards delivering petulant rants instead of simply booting f**k out of someone.  Anyway, that's 'The Chase' about to start.....

15 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Call me Old Skool, but things were handled much better in person back in the day; how I wonder how today's snowflakes would have coped with navigating safe passage back to Airdrie railway station from Broomfield, or wiping the spittle from your jacket after half-time at Brockville ? 

Badly I guess; according to my telly half of these weans under 25 aren't even taking a drink FFS.  Probably spending way too much time hammering at keyboards delivering petulant rants instead of simply booting f**k out of someone.  Anyway, that's 'The Chase' about to start.....

I'm not even sure the individual in question is particularly young. Its an epic tantrum, though. Has really helped this Friday pass more quickly.

22 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Hamilton was always the worst. You could get to the station but they'd chuck things down at you. It 's odd to think back and realise just how dangerous supporting your  team was back in the 70's

Just now, O'Kelly Isley III said:

As I said, I'm Old Skool.  The Scrotum and I are on 'Oot Yer Facebook'.

I heard back in the day everyone just used to very blatantly take booze into the ground with them. Pretty sure I saw a photo of a post-match terrace covered in cans and bottles (so much so that you couldn’t actually see the terrace!).