Sons' sorrow

Now, now. Just wanna know a bit more about the guy!
No idea why you got that odd response.

Stirling should be a good signing for you. He's a grafter that also possesses a bit of quality and will chip in with the odd goal. When he initially joined us I was actually really disappointed with his performances but after Christmas he really kicked on. Our front line of Stirling, Vaughan, Thomson and Nade was absolutely frightening for the second half of that season. We also had Stanton pulling the strings which allowed them to flourish.

His 2nd spell was a bit average but that wasn't really his fault. He was playing in one of the most negative sides I've ever witnessed.

I'm away for a wee cry at the thought of Dumbarton FC having a team containing Vaughan, Stirling, Thomson and Stanton. How the mighty have fallen.

I feel like I might’ve stumbled on a few folk taking out their frustrations of signing Isaac Layne and co. on me - I thought it was pretty reasonable haha.

Cheers for that! For the market we’re in, should be a pretty decent option and hopefully add some quality that we lost in the likes of Zanatta.

I’ll jump off your thread before I’m bombarded with more poor patter and gif choices!

I feel like I might’ve stumbled on a few folk taking out their frustrations of signing Isaac Layne and co. on me - I thought it was pretty reasonable haha.

Cheers for that! For the market we’re in, should be a pretty decent option and hopefully add some quality that we lost in the likes of Zanatta.

I’ll jump off your thread before I’m bombarded with more poor patter and gif choices!
No, you are more than welcome, and perhaps your post is a timely reminder of just what can be achieved by a modest lower league Scottish club. Mike Mulraney maybe isn't everyone's cup of tea but he has certainly galvanised Alloa.

And to think that 20 years ago Rankine rebuffed Ronnie MacDonald.

11 hours ago, KierenAAFC said:

Just whilst you're here, I'll chuck in a wee bit about Stirling and BerbaThom.

I said a wee while ago that Andy Stirling is the perfect winger for a part-time team in the Championship. You can't fault his attitude on the pitch, he'll cover a ridiculous distance, defensively he's solid and going forward he's capable of moments of magic. If there was one criticism it's that he doesn't have anywhere near as good a goals/assists return as he should. I think in the season where he was flying with us he only scored three times. He loves running at players, but his final ball in was either too weak or too powerful about 70% of the time. Especially when he took corners - which drove me mad!

He's a very good player though, a guy who can be really exciting to watch and will win a couple of matches a season with his quality. He seemed a good lad too, so I hope he does well.

As for big Berba, he was the most infuriating player in the world for his first five months at the Rock. He was flicking the ball on to nobody, falling over his legs and missing from incredible positions. Then something changed. God knows what, but he suddenly became Dimitar Berbatov. His touch is sublime, he was scoring all sorts of goals and it looked totally effortless to him. Add to that the fact he wins almost everything in the air and he became a player that opposition players couldn't live with. I've no idea what sort of formation Alloa will be playing next season, but line him up on the left in a 4-2-3-1 and you'll have a guy who is a real handful on your hands. I think he's very much a confidence player though, so if he goes on a poor run then expect it to continue for a while.

I'd have been delighted if we had brought both players back, so take good care of them 🙁 Any rejects you can chuck our way who'd do a job in League One?

5 minutes ago, RGD89 said:

Carsy signs up for another year...

A bit of a decent news for a change.

Best news of the summer so far.  It says a lot about him given the interest he'll have had from elsewhere, he 100% has to be our new captain imo.

Just a shame I'm so deflated about the season in general that I can't get properly positive about it...But it's a start, now if we'd like to announce a few exciting lower league superstars then I could start to feel far better about everything.

Best news of the summer so far.  It says a lot about him given the interest he'll have had from elsewhere, he 100% has to be our new captain imo.
Just a shame I'm so deflated about the season in general that I can't get properly positive about it...But it's a start, now if we'd like to announce a few exciting lower league superstars then I could start to feel far better about everything.

This signing should be greeted with great fanfare and enthusiasm but its over shadowed by the negative aura thats descending through even the most loyal of supporters.

Like the majority of us on here i am really worried about where we will be come the end of April.

Bracing myself for a relegation battle from day one.

Delighted to see Carswell sign up. Another 3 or 4 of his quality and we might just survive.

Disappointing lack of action on the Twitter account mind you, that one deserved a bit of build up IMO. That's the sort of daft shite that can instill a bit of excitement amongst supporters.
Last year's PotY re-signs and there is hardly a peep on the social channels, lacks class IMO.

Just to play devils advocate here. What if the social media guy is on holiday?
Just to play a realist here. If "the social media guy is on holiday" then surely the person posting to the website can update the social media accounts aswell?

2 hours ago, RGD89 said:

This signing should be greeted with great fanfare and enthusiasm but its been compromised by the retention of Kyle Hutton.

Like the majority of us on here i am really worried about where we will be come the end of April.

Bracing myself for a relegation battle from day one.

FTFY

23 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Yep, just seen it. Jesus.

It was Alan Jardine who was partly responsible for the mess we are currently in!! Also most of the current board have jobs!

he may have been there but f**k knows what he was doing!!

Edited by C'mon_the_Sons