Sons' sorrow

I don't think Ronald is a striker. If Prunty or Lister are out we could use Ronald or Lamont on the wings and play MacDougall up front. If Prunty and Lister are both out I think we should play big Shay up top.

Yeah, it would appear you're right. He's listed as a midfielder on the official website.

Your plan sounds like a good one tbh, and any more knocks or injuries and it could well be a reality!

I'd imagine there's next to no chance of Kevin Nicoll being re-called, even less the chance of him being played at left-back.

I reckon Murray will stick with Creaney due to the lack of options in that position, and make movements with the defence in other areas.

People are mentioning us re-calling Nicoll or McCusker due to lack of squad depth elsewhere, but we do have another player out on loan, in Ross Forsyth, and he IS a left-back, who we could recall to help with our defensive woes, should Murray see fit.

I'd imagine there's next to no chance of Kevin Nicoll being re-called, even less the chance of him being played at left-back.

I reckon Murray will stick with Creaney due to the lack of options in that position, and make movements with the defence in other areas.

People are mentioning us re-calling Nicoll or McCusker due to lack of squad depth elsewhere, but we do have another player out on loan, in Ross Forsyth, and he IS a left-back, who we could recall to help with our defensive woes, should Murray see fit.

Forsyth asked to leave because he wanted to play every week, I can't see him being happy (or Murray calling him back) just to fill a gap for a game. If we are REALLY stuck at left back, Murray can get his boots on.

Where exactly would Kevin Nicoll would fit in the current line up? He's not a first division player.
We do not know that he can't cut it in the First Division. He was rather more than adequate last season. Hands up who thought Jim Lister was First Division material?
Can't argue your point re Jim lister but I would be very surprised if any of the players that are on loan now will be at the club after the summer.

Praise that's well deserved. Puts in a power of work every game. Maybe not the most elegant of players but decent pace and took his goals ever so well on Tuesday. Actually surprised he didn't score more this year.

He certainly scored a lot in the juniors, but then we've played him more in midfield. Have to say I think both him and Turner have been great signings. Would be delighted if we could get both signed up for next season.

I don't see many problems with Garry signing on. He's from Dumbarton, stays here and has a job outside football so it makes sense for him to stay part-time. He really has been excellent for us and I agree with Murray when he says his rawness helps him because it makes him unpredictable. One thing I have noticed is his strength and change of pace, he can drift past players as if they weren't there but also hold them off when under pressure. It wouldn't surprise me though if another team was in for him and if it was a full-time team you wouldn't grudge him his move.